A question about Ancient Magics

I’m a player who’s very interested in Shatter Magic of the Ancient Category, but I’ve been contemplating this as more of a worry than anything else.

Do specific Ancient Magics need to have a particular base element in-order to be unlocked? If I recall in some old infographic, Shatter Magic is the magic that comes from Earth Magic, in order to unlock it during Arcane Oddysee do I need to have Earth Magic?

Thank you very much in advance!

prior to wom and ao, vetex originally designed late-game magics as mutations.
these magics would mutate from your mind (magic), and yes, shatter was a mutation of earth.
however, in ao, ancient and lost magics will be unlocked through scrolls, with certain amount of magic points required to do so.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forums :clap:

No, lost and ancient magics will not be locked behind certain base magics. They’re obtained through very rare scrolls, and as long as you meet the stat point requirements you’ll be able to use any lost or ancient magic.

@ThatOneGuy

3 Likes

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification!

Welcome to the forums! It’s great to have you here! I hope you survive.

No, you will be able to obtain Ancient Magics through finding the Ancient Spells for that magic. You don’t need a specific magic in order to use said Ancient Magic. You do, however, need a certain stat amount in Magic.
For more information on the Arcane Universe, read through the resources found here.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.