AA Webcomic - Chapter 27 Part 7

Finals weeks for uni barreling down, slowing down stuff, sorry for the late upload again! Hopefully I’ll try to catch up

https://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/arcane-adventures/list?title_no=306909&page=1
powercryfinecursedHUNGRYmugfr1

28 Likes

Mmm.

1 Like

Tasty chapter yes

1 Like

yum

1 Like

Aw man, I’ve always thought that Freedrock had gravity magic and my theory was so close to getting confirmed. But bounty hunters are cool, so I guess I’ll take this too.

1 Like

Sky grapes in AO :flushed:

1 Like

Okay, so, according to google, the most weight ever deadlifted by a woman is 683lbs. Juniper’s weights add up to around 600lbs. She wears those while climbing a huge pillar and while sustaining great injuries from falling at a massive height, not to mention the intense gravity and pressure being forced on her.

She should be having a massive headache due to successive head injuries from crashing into the ground, that coupled with the intense pressure making it hard to breathe and the physical strain of the weights and the extreme exercise of climbing a large, natural stone structure, she should be either dead, sustaining permanent brain damage, or at the very least collapsed and unconscious.

Then when she finally reaches the top, she has to use only her physical strength to defeat an extremely powerful bounty hunter who is wielding two very rare and powerful mutations, no breaks in-between whatsoever.

And keep in mind that Juniper only trained with Freedrock on mainland for a month, a lot of that was only agility, focus and reflex training too. It takes irl men years to get to the point of physical strength Juniper is at. I really love the Arcane Adventures Webcomic and all, but please, make this make sense!

Edit: I have received an explanation from Trollus, I’ll save them time and just send what they said here. The comic doesn’t cover all of the Freedrock training, it just shows an example of Juniper training strength, with her lifting a boulder while deep underwater.

Humans have biologically adapted to have a constant, passive strength boost from their magic energy, except for the ones completely inert to magic like Durza, who was just a regular human with no special traits.

In arcane, the biological strength gap between genders isn’t super relevant like it is in real life. Those who haven’t practiced with magic like Veronica are reasonably weaker than anomalies like Juniper, even though visually they have very similar builds. Veronica has a much smaller magic strength boost than Juniper.

Although Juniper is wearing magic-suppressing alloys, it doesn’t completely get rid of her magical strength boost because it’s difficult to completely inhibit something that’s so natural and in touch with a person.

Juniper’s manifested willpower is also a plenty good enough weapon against the bounty hunter, as long as Juniper is creative with it.

I might put all this info on my lore trello but idk where.

5 Likes

she cant have brain damage if she doesnt have one smh

11 Likes

I guessed a while ago, based on the magic circle of the chapter and Juniper’s talk from the last part, that there was going to be someone at the top with gravity magic.
Guess I was right.
Cool how this part connects up the person who we saw at the end of one of the parts to the story

1 Like

fr just made :frbw:

1 Like

:flushed: impressive

1 Like

I keep getting surprised at how big the gender strength gap is. I saw a video of a trained, muscular woman getting destroyed in a fight against a femboy from the beauty industry. Insane.

2 Likes

its all about the technique

1 Like

Don’t sweat it man, finals are no joke and I’m sure anyone else with finals coming up (me :frcryin:) understands if you gotta slow down for the academic grind

2 Likes

Broooo that is some juicy lore :pray:

Also I dunno if you still don’t know where to put the info but I’d recommend in the general magic tab either within or after the paragraph on magic cores:

The way Modern Magic works is that all humans have a mana ore at around the center of their body. This core stores all of their magic energy inside. The capacity of their mana core depends on their magical talent and power. Magic energy is all around the world, invisible in the air. You can absorb that magic energy into your mana core until it’s full up, using a process called Charging.

I’d suggest right after, as this paragraph could serve as a nice transition into the info you got

2 Likes

The bounty hunter has bandaged injuries on her arm, from using Sacrifice Magic. Seems like an exploitable weakness if I’ve ever seen one.

Juniper could just knock her to the ground, charge willpower in her own feet and use it to jump as high as she can. Charge more feet willpower while midair, then take advantage of the bounty hunter’s distorted gravity by using it to fall very, very quickly onto one of the bounty hunter’s arms, basically completely shattering it and winning the trial. For good measure, maybe radius punch her in the face a couple hundred dozen times and possibly throw her off the pillar. She has gravity magic, I’m sure she can land safely while in that gruesome condition!

Disclaimer: I do not stomp on people’s arms when I am mad at them in real life.

1 Like

3 Likes

Depends on how much control the bounty has over her gravity magic. If she completely mastered it, she could easily reverse the gravity to slow Juniper’s descent or just blast her away, thought, since she hasn’t done anything like that yet, she might not be at that level.

3 Likes

Good point.

1 Like

Thanks very much to Trollus for the comic and all the likes in this thread. Also thank you for answering my questions about Juniper’s strength, I appreciate it.

4 Likes