Arcane Odyssey v1.13 Balancing Changes WIP

That’s what I thought at first, but very clearly in this clip he wasn’t anywhere else. He was hovering in the air for a good 1-2 seconds, long enough for his position to be synced. I really have no idea why this one didn’t go through.

I’m still shocked that Level is actually bold enough to claim that that isn’t in snare range.

1 Like

Which, as mentioned, I’d be fine with them just stopping Defense from contributing to your base HP regen as long as Vitality still contributes towards your health regen, but it’s not even a problem. Never in the entirety of my time playing AO have I had any trouble at all with a tanky build (aside from 90 Vitality / 160 Magic Mages). Hard isn’t used as an enchant in almost any scenario, and 9 out of 10 players are running with somewhere between 968 and 1300 HP. The two HP sets in the game are entirely outclassed as well. Sunken is almost undeniably worse than Calvus’ set, and Argos’ set is so incredibly niche that it is hard to justify running at all.

Vitality hybrids and builds that stack HP are nowhere even vaguely close to the meta. Once again, I’m convinced that this change is based off of some vendetta from a Tester (or Testers), as it is quite simply just a made up problem.

alr yea I’ll give that one to you idk what the hell happened there

I have a feeling that the hitbox of Snare is affected by Attack Size as well as each magic’s innate size. I quite simply just don’t miss Snares on my Paladin (80 Attack Size + Earth), while a lot of my buddies running magics with smaller sizes can’t really hit theirs consistently at all.

Ya that’s not in range

Second clip was closer at the time of casting

You literally gave it an identity of being edgy and having good stats while trying to say it has no identity

can we just keep shadow as is I think it’s fine atm :fr:

as for fighting styles the only buff boxing needs is the option to disable the fucking socker boppers

they look sick you just gotta get a look to match , the gloves w most imbues look fire as hell

yeah ur banned

yeah but the fact I need to center my appearance around clown gloves is a problem in of itself.

and they look hideous idk what ur smoking

(also is shadow sailor fist good?)

shadow imbue on my shadowboxing build goes mad , drip is immaculate fr. poison imbue gloves also look sick from one random I saw even tho the build is ass

nothing sailor fist is good , no reason to run sailor till it gets buffed w v1.12 honestly , worse damage than basic even at full meter and no real benefit while forcing yourself to deal w all the seawater jank

Look anything’s an identity if you want it to be.

Glass’s identity is shit dot and shit stats and annoying sound effects. Wow crazy.

I still hold by my statement that this
is in range. Tell me that that isn’t in range.

(how is sailor fist getting buffed)

(also is iron leg shadow good :fr: :sob:)

it looks so goofy tho imo like shadow is supposed to be intimidating and the gloves make my character go from freddy kruger level to fucking bobo the clown

It’s not in range

Glass has an identity, just not an identity in raw stats. Nobody’s trying to say glass looks or sounds like acid because that’s not the identity people are talking about. It’s the lack of stat difference between glass and acid that’s the main problem.

It’s literally the 2nd worst fs wdym

more damage, focus and airstep don’t drain seawater, less hunger loss from seawater, and frozen + paralyzed are getting buffed in duration so they’re more useful w sailor imbue

I mean it’s alright , Shadow isn’t exactly the best imbue unless you really want the speed but don’t want to sacrifice the damage of going something like Light / Lightning , I wouldn’t say it’s bad but there’s better

no HOW is it getting buffed

what’s being changed

• Damage: (Compensation for removing Awakening dmg buff + Extra buff)
    • 0% meter: 0.675x → 0.775x
    • 100% meter: 0.775x → 0.925x
  • Seawater no longer drains from Airstep and Focus
  • Hunger drain from bottles: -20 → -12
    • Sailor is arguably the most unfun fighting-style, this should help it
1 Like

man so shadow warlock was a shit idea :fr:

aw well, may as well learn to work with what I got

It’s not worth for iron leg after the changes but you could always switch fs to smth else for a dmg increase and nice speed boost.

Shadow aint the best imbue I only made my shadow warlock because I was off the devil’s cabbage and the worldplay of a Shadow Boxing build made me a chuckle a bit too hard

Speed imbues on FS are near useless rn just because speed modifiers don’t affect FS endlag, but that’s being changed next patch, so Shadow should be a more valuable imbue (same w other fast Magics)

whats the best fs to imbue shadow with then in v1.12