Boat Destruction And Fixing System

Boats should be able to get damaged and destroyed. These can range from being small from let’s say light cannonballs to a ton of destruction from a giant cannonball. Small cracks and such should be able to be repaired while at sea, but giant blows to your boat shouldn’t be repaired by the player and instead must be repaired by an npc on an island. It adds more sense of danger and that your boat won’t always be able to stay at sea forever.

Oh yeah materials should also be a thing for fixing boats instead of currencies, which you’ll probably have a limited amount of materials.

At what rate do you suppose boats should be truly broken? The point at which the boat can no longer sail and you have to swim.

Boats should also slow down when damaged. Certain parts may necessitate different hitboxes to improve realism, but this usually causes bugs/lag.

I’m also gonna note that a cannonball can do surprisingly little damage to a ship because cannon that fire cannonballs aren’t particularly tight nor is the propellant any good.
Of course if you have a 300lb cannonball the boat ain’t gonna end up well.

maybe a health bar system would work

still have an hp system, but major destruction the boat has taken cant be repaired

Out of votes but would vote if I could. Detailed boat destruction is something that AA boats didn’t have, but vetex kind of shot this down already…

EDIT: I’m sure that boats will have HP just not detailed destruction

hmmmmm…

make it so its hard to destroy boats partially and having to consistently attack a certain point. it should be very difficult to destroy boats through destruction and this is more or less just destroying boats partially then fully

1 Like

Then we must change his mind. :nod:

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.