Changeable spawn points

Should the spawn points reset every time the game is launched or should they be set until it is changed?

you think this would mess with the storyline spawn points, since you spawn based on where you are in the story but these inns would be placed everywhere-ish?

Just make a 24hr cooldown and make the cost high then we good. Being spawned on the other side of the map was always annoying in AA so I feel this. The unlocked islands could be based off of level just like in AA.

I don’t see why you’d need a cooldown or a cost if you have to travel to the inn to set your spawn there. This isn’t fast travel because there’s no remote option for setting your spawn.

The only vector for abuse is setting your spawn somewhere central and resetting when where you want to go is closer to your spawn than wherever you’re at - but cooldowns or costs don’t help here because to do this you’d only need to set your spawn once to use this trick forever (and it’s not that useful of a trick).

2 Likes

It could be abused as fast traveling, I’m sure there’s some way to bug things out using it that way. People shouldn’t have to change their spawn so much in the first place. Maybe 24hrs is a bit too much, so maybe like 4 hours or smthn. The cooldown is to stop people from traveling all over the map. Imagine ganking with this kind of abuse, guilds could have just one member find the target, then they all “fast travel” to the island they’re at. It might not seem like much of a problem from a few different stand points but it can 100% be abused if it’s used in quick succession.

Just teleporting once isn’t too big of an issue, but if people do it in large numbers then it can potentially be game breaking. Say chest hunting for example, people could teleport to different islands getting chests. The cost for setting spawn would also combat this.

assuming that suggestions are going to come with unfixable game breaking bugs is an unusual take

Vetex has screwed up plenty in the past, but I trust the guy to successfully make the inn NPC like all the other NPCs in the game (aka not broken).

Setting your spawn to a town you’re currently in just doesn’t have any real potential for abuse. It’s entirely a convienence, useful if you’re doing a lengthy quest, playing with friends who aren’t the same level as you, or just trying to avoid the RK chaos at spawn points.
Crippling a harmless feature for fear of it being abused is why Teamwork was dead on arrival.

I read the suggestion wrong, I thought it was suggested as a setting. Ignore my argument lol o-0

1 Like

This is a pretty good idea. Here’s how I would envision it, correct me if I’m wrong.

You walk into an inn, and go up to the innkeeper and interact with them. You then pay galleons to set your spawn point there (you could call it something like “rent a room”). You then respawn there when you die.

There should also be a way to disable this and spawn normally, probably in settings. Lastly, it should be overridden for story purposes.

2 Likes

I think this is already a planned feature. Vetex accepted this one suggestion about camping and hunting, which lets you place tents to respawn at. He also said he doesn’t want to add animals, so it was accepted for the camping part.

This one:

Granted, it’s easy to miss accepted suggestions, they’re just a long list that you have to know exists to then look for it, but it is there.

1 Like

Isn’t this already suggested by @tobi’s suggestion of Campfires? This suggestion would totally negate it

1 Like

judging from the cruel fate belonging to the flight spell i’m assuming vetex still wants people to have to sail around to get from island-to-island

but considering this means you’d still have to actively travel to that island to set a spawnpoint there in the first place, i don’t think this would be too bad???

Maybe you can just press a button to set a ‘save’.

Still sucks that we won’t get animals, but fishing and camping with the homies gonna be lit. :camping:

Shark hunting with your homies.

1 Like

Feeding the sharks with the homies. :point_right::point_right:

1 Like

Walking into the red fin with the homies.

1 Like

My idea would be there would be set spawnpoints in the storyline, but you could only change your spawn points to the ones you’ve unlocked in the storyline

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.