Classes and Perks

uuh, doesnt this look unbalanced?

why do wizards get a massive decrease on stamina and warriors dont?

like, warriors are usually the ones who get a stamina decrease cuz they are tanky big damage dealers.

and also, this stamina decrease is too much.

half the stamina and the stamina is only regenerated if you’re standing still and aint using magic.

imagine if you were a wizard, if it and the other classes existed, and you were running from someone who is trying to kill you to get infamy, like a suncry member.

It was mentioned before. Giving a small increase to magic is like giving a big buff to weapons. I halved stamina for wizards but I also halved magic energy for athletes, a class more comparable to wizards than swordsmen are.

I personally don’t really see the comparison with wizards and swordsmen that clearly and specifically made the Athlete class, which in hindsight I should have just called “Warrior”, to be the opposite of the Wizard class.

Magic is the best way to fight right now. You can’t fight without it but you can fight without weapons. A class that increases the best way to fight would need some majors nerfs to keep it from being OP. The meta now is “jump and blast”, which I fucking hate because it basically makes us frogs but whatever, and to make this Class go against it I decided it’d be best to nerf their stamina, something needed to T-jump. It would reduce their ability to completely abuse their newly found magic power. Maybe it’s too harsh, I don’t know, but that was my reasoning behind it more or less.

Yes but keep in mind you’ll get 100 points in total. Max level is planned to be 1,000 so 8% of your total stat points to increasing fishing, something your class already may specialize in (and so will also be cheaper, being 6 points) seems worth it. I did not make stat points intended for the game’s current level cap but the cap of the future. While it may be a lot perks aren’t meant to be OP and you’re not meant to pick them all. You would have to carefully choose which perks you want, getting a perk you wouldn’t want would be a major waste. That’s how I planned it. Solid investment for a semi-useful, but everlasting, reward.

Magic does outclass weapons currently, but going for strength and melee should be a viable option later. There will be primordial fighting styles like with magic, strength levels, going for melee would also make magic less powerful in some way.
There’s also the choice you have to make at some point during your progression to either master in magic or melee, assuming that does get added: image

Yeah I did just go with what we have now. I did consider mentioning fighting styles and I am well aware they’ll be on par with magics in the future but I went with what we had now. Only thing of the future I considered was the level cap. I am aware of this change coming though and am excited as all hell for it.

It’s also why I didn’t go into classes that could exist later, like a Cook since hunger will be a stat we need to worry about in a future update, only mentioned what could work now and how it would work now.

1 Like

I think this is cool, but most of them aren’t even worth the penalties. Wizard, and Athlete don’t have enough boosts to deserve the massive reductions.

Fair. I don’t want to make a class that 70% of people will pick though so making Wizard perfectly balanced is hard for me. Probably decrease the nerf or give them an extra 10% in damage and 5% in casting speed.

As for Athlete it used to be so much better but I nerfed it to keep it simplier. Never undid the debuffs for having it.

That’s true. I agree classes are a weird subject in WoM. I think the big issue is that magic is really cool, so everyones gonna wanna go for wizard.

At most, we might have small things (such as merchant and fish). Nothing that affects combat.

the prophet.

2 Likes

the prophet

How did this topic age so well? Also NEcRo BUmP.

the prophet

1 Like

The guy was last seen in December, continuing the general trend of old dead accounts predicting the future. :frpensive: