Do you classify the Dark Sea as a dungeon?

Was discussing this with a few people and got mixed answers, what are your thoughts?

Is the Dark Sea a dungeon?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

In my opinion, it’s basically an infinite dungeon. You enter this area and encounter many powerful foes and risky situations, but can gain great rewards if you manage to make it out alive.

1 Like

The dark sea is TECHNICALLY a dungeon if we’re going by the roguelike videogame term, however, I think it’s more suited being seen as the closes thing AO has to a roguelike gamemode due to it’s randomness.

I kinda see it as a wild lands more than a dungeon. A dungeon is clear. Go through it, collect items, reach the end for a big bad boss or item or whatnot, then leave (and if it’s skyrim leave out a way that is right by the front but cannot be accessed from the front like fucking why imma dragonborn why can’t I bust down a stupid wooden fucking door). This is more like a wild area in my opinion, less of a dungeon per se. I imagine it being like an area where dungeons can be found and challenged but the Dark Seas themselves are just like a no-mans land; kinda comparable to The Glowing Sea in Fallout 4.

4 Likes

i don’t think it’s linear enough to be a dungeon

1 Like

I see it more as a deepwoken portal roguelike with mostly higher difficulty than the other parts of the game

Being linear has never been a requirement for dungeons for me.

I feel like the Dark Seas being a place with a much higher danger level and greater loot for success already lines it up as a dunfeon. What makes a dungeon a dungeon for me is knowing when i go in the enemies are strong and might take me down without breaking a sweat if im not careful.

Vetex made Adventure Story, of course the Dark Sea is basically a dungeon.

it would be really cool if we had dark-sea specific buffs like a roguelike too

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.