Effect for Wind + Ice Synergy

So instead of wind freezing people with Ice + Wind, why not have a new effect called frostbite. it’s like a slower, longer, less damaging version of the burn effect. I’d say it last 10 seconds?

Do I have any reason for wanting this changed, nope, just thought it would be pretty cool. Plus, it would make the Ice + Wind effect different from water. Water + Ice is just worse because water isn’t as good of a PvP magic due to its speed, however wind just loses some damage in exchange for the same synergy. So why not make the synergies unique?

Sure…but wouldn’t Wind’s synergy be amplification?

Cuz like with most magics Wind irl amplifies them. Cold wind literally ends your sanity, blizzards with high winds sucks in general. Fire is strengthened by wind, etc

for more i guess…

• wind can cause water to smack your face and it sucks
  • Blows sand in face
  • Idk about earth
  • Spreads acid
  • nothing for metal

Idk I just feel like the synergies shouldnt be a toned down water. I like uniqueness, but I really don’t mind it that much. Usually when I make suggestions they’re just something I’d prefer and aren’t something needed.

huh i mean wind could probably amplify different magic damage idk.

or it activates another special effect based on the effect already on the target

we should be able to make fire tornados with fire + wind

1 Like

If you are only talking about the synergy, I would argue water+ice is much better than wind+ice

With water, you can soak then do an ice multiblast or even a double explosion spell to apply frozen and instantly break the ice for bonus damage, and you can use ice then water for a basic bonus damage. It works both ways

With wind, you can only do ice then wind to apply frozen, which also doesnt increase the damage of the wind hit as much as with the other combo, and you cant instantly break the ice as you have to freeze with wind. It’s also counter productive if you land two wind spells quickly as frozen will greatly reduce the damage

Yeah I know that the water + ice synergy is way better, which is why Im saying this. I don’t want wind’s synergy to just be a watered down water + ice, I want it to be something different. It isn’t that the synergy is bad, it’s just that it’s too similar in my opinion.

Would that only apply to wind+ice or to wind+snow too

I’d probably say both

I guess i’ll vote, I don’t like frozen that much anyway
Would be cool to know what it could combo with, but it’s not really necessary for a suggestion

Although at this point you could argue petrified is too common but anyway

blows dirt on face

1 Like

wheeze xd

sands is too powerful xD

make sand completely blind you cuz nobody keeps their damn eyes open when sand falls on it

2 Likes

I don’t see why wind would have this synergy, frostbite or freezing because there’s a warm wind. I don’t see why would have any status effects, wind for me doesn’t seem to be the type of magic to cause any effects, because it’s just magic wind.

…Uh you know you can turn someone into an ice cube already right? Using wind and ice/snow(or other combos not involving wind)? That suggestion is more realistic if anything

This was going to be a thing with Wind.

But…

1 Like

Aww rip. Wind almost had something special alongside its knockback.

Dark synergy when