Ethical question

have you ever been a jerk on purpose to someone or had genuine intent to make fun of them and make them feel bad?

many times

maybe when i was very little, but other than that no

Who hasn’t?

1 Like

I ask this because I have discovered a way to survive HS and deal with my social awkwardness hidden deep inside me :shushing_face:

by being a jerk to people that I think are going to give me issues.

some big jock dude offered me a birthday invitation to his party and I ripped it up in front of him and spat on it.

it worked perfectly

man idk if i could’ve worked that up

pretty genius right?

they haven’t talked to me since and I feel great

people are just gonna think youre an asshole and not want to be friends with you so i dont think thats gonna work

like what did you want to achieve, making that guy dislike you for no reason?

2 Likes

sorta… it’s what I view as a necessary evil.

I make myself hostile to people I think will give me issues, but I have a friend group so I’m not completely isolated.

theyre just gonna give you more issues after that though

at my school it seems to have worked.

do I care about my reputation? no, and I probably know it’s gonna get ruined if I keep doing it.

but all I care about is that people like these don’t intervene in my life or bother me and my friends, so before they can even THINK about doing something, I’ll make sure to appear to be the kind of guy to light their car on fire for fun.

Only to friends and family but never strangers. That’s a waste of effort. Why torment strangers around me when I can just do it to loved ones? You get much better responses.

I do it to both for different reasons :shushing_face:

admittedly, yes, but I’ve regretted it ever since

Bro…

You sound like an oblivious sitcom character rn

Couldn’t you just have said… no thanks? It doesnt sound like he was forcing you, plus saying “no thanks” is much more conversation aversive and doesn’t make you seem like an ass

Not shaming you for anything, just genuine curiosity

1 Like

I can’t be the only one getting an oblivious sitcom character vibe from this post

Yes i often use mental warfare on others instead of directly going after them why do you ask :smiley:

2 Likes

it would not be unwise to visit an expert in the psychological field/therapist…

5 Likes

The paranoia here is worrying. Assuming you didn’t even know anything about the guy, even rumors about him, and did this JUST because you think he’s going to give you issues? Extremely unhealthy not just to you, but your friends as well

Chill out for a bit, not every big jock guy is a massive douche yunno

For the question, I have