Give me an edgefest light user backstory

^^^ Polar opposite to this thread

It can be anything like the obsession with purification or having a god complex.

Interested in seeing what you guys will come up with

i’m not even gonna try
just here
have this
tom/parents dead/half wolf half demon half angel/light and shadow magic/18/single/hot/strong/assasin/looking for gf/smart/grown up poor/vampire

7 Likes

he ate a fruit and he became a great wizard.

actually magidc fruits sounds epics

This guy practiced his magic without a teacher but he didn’t have enough control over it so he didn’t know that every time he was gradually blinding himself with the bright light in a way an experienced light wizard could avoid. Now it’s too late and he can’t rely on his sight anymore so he learned to use magic sensing alone to fight his opponents while he uses the bright light to keep them from seeing him.

1 Like

time for maximum edge

ok so there a descendant of the god of destruction that hides his evil side by using light magic. however this light magic is secretly corrupted by his weird satanic soul bullshit.

kill me

2 Likes

There was a hero. He was the mightiest of them all, the greatest, a champion.

There was a dark city, hidden in a mysterious valley, and there the darkness lurked. But he chased it out of the city, burning away the shadows in his wake. Dark wizards and bandits were blown away like smoke in the wind. The tyrant of the city was cast down from his throne, and the castle destroyed.

But the darkness fled. This time, it hid within a small town, like an injured wolf, pretending to be a sheep. But the hero knew better. He tracked it to the town, and he attacked. Five times they met in combat and five times both were thrown back, yet in the end he was triumphant. So what if the village was destroyed?

Yet darkness never truly goes away. A new shade arose in a city, large and prosperous. Under the guise of a wise man, hidden behind a holy woman’s veil. A cult as dangerous as the mightiest dark organizations. So the hero traveled to the city. He tore through the shadows of those buildings like a falcon hunting for pigeons. And in the end, he was the victor. The city was no more, but so be it. Such is the price of progress.

But darkness never dies. Now the hero was tired and weary, yet he knew that he must fight on. The darkness created its mightiest threat, like a parasite, feeding off an entire peninsula. The hero fought and fought and fought. For every shadow he destroyed, three more arose. The land burned behind the battles, but in the end… he won. The peninsula had been ground to dust… but the darkness was gone, and that is all that matters.

The hero was not satisfied. The last threat had been the mightiest of them all. He knew that one day he would die, as all mortals do, and then who would be there to stop the darkness? So he founded an order. He set it up for greatness, trained its members in the arts of strength and justice. Their shining emblem grew to span great territories under its influence, protecting them under a shield of strength.

Yet the people themselves rebelled! After all he had done for them, they bit the hand that fed them! The cry of “Freedom from the oppressors!” rang through all the cities, flew through all the roads. But he was wise, and he was patient. With strength and cunning, he defeated this new threat, no doubt stirred up from the remnants of darkness.

The threat, had, however, been a threat, no matter how weak. So he increased the strength of his order. Power was to be first before justice. A shield that breaks cannot protect, so the shield must be reinforced, even if it grows heavier. His order became an order of knights, strong and fearless. Their influence expanded ever further. And all was good, all was well. His word was law, and he was good and wise.

Yet the people were still discontented. It was like madness! He knew, in his heart, that it was all because he had not truly wiped out the darkness. So he descended himself from his throne, set off to crush the last shades of the past. His power, his almighty light, his infallible glory swept his enemies-so poorly armed and prepared-from existence. There was only one left. A shadow user, an obvious enemy.

Five times they met and five times they fought. But now, the hero found himself pushed back. Now, he found himself at the mercy of his enemy.

“Why?” the shadow mage asked. “You did so much good! Where did you go wrong?”
The hero was confused. Wrong? He had always been in the right. The girl was obviously delusional.
“So you lie to even yourself,” the girl said.
“Lies? These are the truths!” he said, spitting with fury. “If you cannot see the light, then kill me! And see what darkness your deed brings!”

But she did not. He, the mighty hero, the lord of lords, was locked away, never to be free, never to burn away the shadows again. And he watched, oh how he watched, as his order-so pure, so good-was washed away in the tides of change. Not but two years after he left, the darkness emerged again. And he wept for it. For what could have been. “Freedom,” they call. Yet not all freedoms are good.

14 Likes

you appear to have three halves there…

John thought life sucks mega pp
John wanted to die
John always saw darkness
John alwaysed wanted to see light but always saw darkness
John ate millions of light bulbs to see the light and happines
now he can shoot light out of his pp

2 Likes

well my main character is a light user, and everyone calls him Hagrid

He likes shining flashlights into peoples eyes

You NEED the seasoned writer role, we need more stuff like this

1 Like

I was typing out this text, then I looked up, and found a lightbulb, the end.

this is literally one piece

He does have it

That makes sense

Warning: Retcons galore

People never know what’s best for them.

They may think they know but they’re deluded by their desires. It is said that there is id ego and superego but the way I see it, id is ego. There is only desire and morality, and the two definitely don’t intertwine. We cannot choose to act outside of our desires, and our desires are not moral, there exists no ego to choose the superego, and none of us can find the true path. Or at least, not most of us. That’s where the Empyrean Order comes in, an organization dedicated to enforcing moral rule on the lands. The Arcane Government was corrupted, and so their legacy is what becomes of the Magic Council, and everyday individuals do not do so well either. None have seen the light that the Empyrean Order was able to shine upon them until now.

Magic is something that has become embedded within society ever since Prometheus had gifted humans. But the issue is, Prometheus was filled with this desire I spoke of, and as desire corrupts the mind, magic follows. Magic is the cause of all evil. It manipulates the Dark Wizards who cannot act independently of it, and even the purest of pure wizards are influenced by this magic energy. It travels within our blood, fills our lungs, and rots our minds.

But a question you may ask, is how may we be sure? That’s where I come in. I, Andrew Crest, have been studying this phenomenon for ages. I couldn’t not, I had watched my parents fall to the corruption of magic, becoming degenerate Dark Wizards. The lack of self-control was horrifying, and so I sought out a solution. My solution, however, was already a little bit predetermined. Have you ever wondered why nobody speaks of what becomes of the victims of Durza? Have you ever wondered what happens to the victim when washed by the power of the Absorption Curse? As I said, not many people like morality, but the few people who published the results certainly did. The results of having a person’s magic being entirely eradicated as depicted in the several studies I had read were interesting to say the least, so I dedicated 33 years of my life to researching magic cleansing. The practice was difficult, but doable depending on how adept you were in using your magic. With very careful, well-controlled bursts of magic, you can slowly separate the magic energy from the wizard. Humans do not depend on magic energy to exist, they are simply just embedded with it, and with careful pokes and pins you can extract it, but if done too flawed, the experimentation victim will inevitably die. But what bad is death if death is used for justice? We do it all the time, murdering criminals and Dark Wizards. Maybe after I have shown my proofs to the world, I could get famous heroes such as the Exiled to join my cause in justice. The methods of the Exiled had always struck me as interesting, murdering all those who had grown corrupt. Seeing the moonlight-coloured crescents fly out from his blade as he quenched injustice had me question whether he was a Light user like I, bent on finding justice through any means. They are what expired me to be merciless with my experiments. The techniques I mastered had not come quick, it took several years to master, but it was worth it as I got results.

From my tests, I have determined that as you isolate magic energy from the body, subjects become more… orderly. More obedient to commands and able to respond to direct orders. Almost as if their desires had been seeped out of them, no sense of self-preservation and certainly no corruption. The absolute perfect being, free from influence of the id. One may say that indeed, I had discovered something unethical and corrupt, but those filled with desire and emotion are blinded from understanding right and wrong. Shortly after I had formed the very beginning of Empyrean Order I have boasted so much about, soon garnering hundreds of members to carry out on my will. But the question still remains unanswered, what makes us less flawed than the rest. Are we just not pursuing our endeavors as is everyone else?

The truth is, when Prometheus gifted upon us several, uncountable amounts of magic variations, nowhere is it stated that each is created equal. Light is the purest of all forms of magic. It embodies our surroundings, the light of the sun guiding our path, the light of the torch cutting its way through the deception of darkness. Us Light users possess the very unique quality of being corrupted the least by the magic of Prometheus. How do I know? Look around, observe. Light users are almost always forces of good, we see this in the legends of the many heroes of our world, we see this in just daily observation. And the fact that I had discovered the cure to corruption was more than enough evidence that I was gifted in my capabilities. Who’s to say that gift is anything else but my magic? Certainly, we were not perfect, but who else better than a team entirely built up of users of the purest form of magic to help the world find better? Some people need to be left unpurified to assist in the process, and Light users like us are the best for the job.

I can imagine the gratitude my parents feel as I cleanse all of their sinful desires. It’s a shame they’re too purified to express that gratitude, but they definitely appreciate what I have done. The Empyrean Order has saved countless from the face of corruption, blasting the poor victims of their corrupting magic energy. The criminals we most primarily dealt with cowered in fear as we apprehended them and carried out our processes. They may not ever enjoy them, and they may have gotten severely injured beyond repair, but what harm is injury if it’s for the greater good? Our activities may be illegal, but what good does the Magic Council know? We have been working behind their backs for 2 years now, and if, or rather, when we encounter them, what chance will they stand? After all, if I can piece together the puzzle pieces I have been playing with in my 33 years of experimentation, the remnants of another Absorption Curse would help quite a fair amount in cleaning up the MC.

1 Like

Dear god, that’s AMAZING, why am I so bad at writing…