How do people recognize their relatives even though they have never seen them/last saw them in a long time

title is self explanatory

i asked this because i had a scene in a backstory where 2 kids went in a plane crash and were stranded but their magical father found them (they have never seen each other/remember each other) (they last saw each other 10 years ago, the kids are also 10).

how would i make it so that the father could find out where/who his long lost kids are?
i feel like putting a historical example but for some reason i think people might be able to find out where i live/which school i go to lmao

hehe help me step-bro I’m stuck

who here is having r/ihadastroke

me or you

ngl my irl approach is just playing along while still being wary/distant from them just like I do with the rest of my family because I don’t remember them

but for the scene you said…

how did the dad find two kids wha

2 Likes

probably just some weird vibe they got from the person.

some of his friends have searched earth and found them in a jungle from plane crash, maybe should i add magic sensing in my magical world

ah, I see
I mean finding plane-crashed-and-stranded kids in a jungle is possible without magic though (considering the plane’s damage and stuff, unless they somehow stray further away, but I think you’ll be able to track their paths from the plane)

sorta… but heres a problem: they dont know how the kids (targets) look like so idk how they find out

maybe i can add a magic genetic anomaly/phenomenon/something called leak, which is when someones magic dna part is so potent that abit of it shows up in their normal form. you can only have leak if youre demigod+

wait do they find the kids first and search for family connections or is it another way round

If the father was tracking them for a long time then it’s possible I suppose, maybe through a feeling he got or through their resemblance to a relative.

As for the children, though… they probably wouldn’t remember since they’d have been less than a year old when they split up if that’s what you’re getting at. Maybe just make them twins or something to make it more believable.

wdym? if i just try to process the statement myself then i guess its the other way around

they don’t

i should probably add magic sensing to this world

This shit right here is a mood and exactly what I was going to say to the main post

idk they just vibed ig

oh wait that’s legend’s comment-