How does perfect blocking work?

From what I understand is that perfect blocking makes it so that the one who successfully PBs will only take 10% of the attack’s damage while the attacker gets 50% of the attack redirected back.

I can’t say for certain, that’s why I’m asking.

1 Like

attacker doesnt get attack sent back to them you just block more damage than a regular block

1 Like

Ah, gotcha.

It’s a shame, but understandable.

You basically take much less damage, and the person who sent the attack gets knockback and a very short stun.

3 Likes

its cool

perfect blocking grants 10% more damage reduction than normal blocking. Already base blocking grants 30% less damage so Perfect blocking normally grants 40% less damage. With a shield that has 20% blocking power you take 60% less damage on a Perfect block. If the shield like the wall of Jericho has 50% blocking power you take 90% less damage when perfect blocking.

all this from WoM but AO is likely similar except stuns like Cryo said.

Gotcha, that makes it understandable.

perfect blocking (called parrying in ao) reduces quite a lot of damage (80% or 90% i forget), increased by the tool’s blocking power, and only stuns upon m1s.
it is also the only way to stop grabs, as they go through normal blocking, but you can also read the grab and dash to the side.

So that’s the difference?

attacker DOES get attack sent back to them and you block LESS damage than a perfect block*

you stun your enemy from perfect blocking now?

that seems a little op ngl

debi gets bufffed in ao

blocking already is annoying and needs a nerf
and we already have 90393 stuns in ao

It’s only from m1s

1 Like

mouse ones being what exactly? The slashes or?

ye weapon slashes and stuff

It’s literally for like a fraction of a second, and it doesn’t happen while you’re immobile from casting a spell

why is this even a thing tho
if you can feel the stun then its a bad stun

I think this is a good change