I hope AO is not gonna be a boat simulator

Vetex too much invest in boats, he even did a new game about boats. I hope AO will stay a magic game, and that boats are gonna be a little part of the game ^^

boats are for travel

also you might wanna look at his twitter and the ao trello for updates to tell you what the game is gonna be like

3 Likes

its semi going to be
boats will be like a whole new form of combat and stuff but magic can be involved with that fighting
aka making the BFG 9000 with aether lightning and maxed out cannons

1 Like

same

hopefully it won’t turn out to be in a similar fashion to WoM, where it’s all walking

there are other things in the game besides boats ya know

Nope, sorry to break it to you but everything is boat. The sky, the water, the sand, they’ll all just be little tiny micro boats squished together just to create a boat paradox.

7 Likes

sounds cool

well if you don’t like it you can just go ahead and swim then

cry

It’s not really that much of a magic game if magic is nothing more than one of the 4 available stats you can invest in. You can very well not put any point in magic and use something else entirely for combat, in the end it should be balanced or at least viable

1 Like

he is investing as much time as he is comfortable with in any aspect of the game rn, and boats are the first thing he works on

im starting to think naval combat is vetex’s specialty

even if boats were a major part of the game, that wouldn’t even make it a boat simulator you know.
that’s like saying games with armor as a major part of the game are armor upgrade simulators. sometimes the case, but not always.

I mean, boats will make the combat more intresting, as you have to factor in naval combat, which gets complicated due to all the projectiles.

Boat classes

when

1 Like

haha boat

boat

not even funny

1 Like

wdym that was fucking hilarious, i laughed so hard that i broke my spine and i am getting out of the hospital and i am on my way to Star’s house to call a lawsuit

2 Likes

i’d be fine if it was lmao.

boat.

or you can use magma magic and sail across the water