Impact Fist "Rework"

Impact Fist "Rework" https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/original/3X/6/f/6f86c4517f8478f9bd4415b083cdb50287321a59.jpeg
effort 4.5 4 quality 4.0 4 reasonability 4.5 4

and what happens when RKers start using impact for what’s essentially a free kill? it goes both ways

stuff like this shouldn’t exist

it’s not fun for either side when a fight ends in a single attack

3 Likes

image Perfect last frame.

5 Likes

I think we’re talking about different stuff here.

I’d love for AA’s impact fist to make a return, but I’m fully aware that it was stupid unbalanced cheese that has no place in a remotely competitive game. I just liked the funni pocket nuke.

I’m arguing that the reworked impact fist from this suggestion would be balanced, just like Ice is balanced despite the existence of rain.
Running off to charge your impact fist against NPCs would be a pretty bad strategy, and it couldn’t be used offensively. You’d be at a pretty big disadvantage if you tried to jump an impact user who’d just finished charging against some NPCs, but you could also just not do that. Impact users can’t really hunt players this way - just like ice users can’t hunt players with rain.

I don’t know if you understand the concept of not immediately using an attack. In AA or AR people with impact fist aren’t triggerhappy, they will hold their fully charged 1 punch machine for hours if it means they can succeed at trolling.

i think the only misunderstood concept here is the concept of reading

You get in combat from being hit… You can literally keep a pet level 20 bandit on your ship.

You can also have an alt/friend on your ship

You can also be being hunted by the Grand Navy

You can also harm yourself with tornados

1 Like

the major difference ur ignoring here is that rain doesn’t follow ice magic users around wherever they go. Impact users can charge up their impact then hold onto it for however long they want.

we really don’t need grand navy players charging up an impact then going to the endgame island to arrest every negative rep in a single attack

every 3rd hit deals 2x damage (and no stupid huge aoe)
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:
not that hard bro

Only if they are near NPCs (with this new suggestion, atleast.)

nevermind then, I thought nobanana was talking about AA’s impact being reintroduced

Or players/Any other combat causing damage source

1 Like

True.

Would people start developing glitches to stay in combat? Such as lighting their ship on fire to keep the impact fist? If that doesn’t work, there has got to be some glitch to stay in combat that hasn’t been found yet (because people don’t have a reason to stay in combat atm).

DoTs don’t effect combat timer, don’t ask why, Idk

Idk if standing on a burning object would count it as DoT damage though

Aside from the alt/friend one, these all sound wildly impractical to keep up for any meaningful length of time (since when do tornados follow you for hours) - and even if people carefully babysitting level 20 bandits on their ship ends up being a problem, you could just change it to discharge after you’ve not hit anything for 10/20 seconds or so.

New impact fist isn’t an instant-kill. Even something like punching an alt every 15 seconds would be painfully tedious if you had to keep it up for 20-60 minutes at a time - nobody would bother.

I really don’t see this being a problem. There’s plenty of ways to cheese someone, this is honestly one of the tamest ones.

make it cap at 3 punches = 2x damage, too

This 1 shots a full tank(1463 at level 100) with barely any strength increase, wdym?

I meant the alt hitting you every 2 mins…

That’s an adjustment to the suggestion, not the base suggestion though.

If we’re making changes, then it would be much easier to just say it slowly goes out over 40 seconds 10 seconds after not punching something.

honestly I see no way to properly reintroduce impact fist with anything even relating to the original concept and it not be abusable/broken in some way.

Here’s a way better suggestion: Don’t add impact fist back because its entire concept was bad and it triggers the PTSD of AA players.

2 Likes

Great Idea @killerboss08!

It’s actually what it used to be, to be honest.