Dominique's Journal

For those that somehow managed to find this, it is simply a collection of my experiences in the game told in a narrative manner, it sometimes get updated. May you enjoy my character’s story.

Page 1

Starting from now on, I’ll be keeping a journal that notes down the experiences that I had throughout my journey. To start off this journal, I’ll be introducing myself. My name’s Dominique Kreuger, I think I’m 32 years old with my profession being in trading, though you could simply just say I’m a merchant. I have four people by my ship and they’re Alexander, Mercer, Wilder and Whitehead. Those four handles things in my ship including guarding, cooking and hunting down monsters lurking in the sea.

Currently I’m trading cargos and the idea of writing down a journal just somehow came into my mind while doing so. Earlier, I had cargos from Rasna loaded up in my ship and had them sold here in Redwake. Speaking of Redwake, there’s a tavern here that serves delicious delicacies called “The Red Fin”. I was in trouble once but the owner there helped me, she’s a really nice person. You see, one day I woke up with no recollection of my past on the docks of Redwake, it appears to be that I had an amnesia. Something must’ve happened to me real bad before I got here. After I woke up, I wandered aimlessly in Redwake which eventually led me to Red Fin and the rest is a long story.

If I were to be honest, it was because of the owner that I managed to become a merchant right now since she helped me get out of my situation. I asked her before about why she would help a nobody like me and her response was that it was just the right thing to do. She also told me that it’s kind of her way to repay back a debt since there was also someone that had an amnesia and saved her life when the pirates invaded Redwake, but the best she could do was offer that person a temporary home and food. Oh man, now I’m feeling like eating back there again. I’ll have my crew rest and eat up at Red Fin on my tab, gotta surprise Estrid once in a while.

Page 2

I saw a group of people fishing at Palo Town earlier and from the looks of it, the three of them are best friends. I was talking to a shipwright regarding maintenance of my ship, until I overheard their conversation about wanting to catch a sunken item. That reminds me, I’ve heard that if an item such as a sword was abandoned under the sea for a really long time, it would gain some powers of the sea. Though it was just rumors that I heard, I can’t really confirm if they’re true or not since I haven’t managed to see one myself. Although as a merchant, it does pique my interest as a merchandise. It doesn’t hurt to to try finding something that seems to not exist.

So as we finished loading up cargo onto my ship, we headed off to Shell Island to sell them and told my crew about the plan I had. We were gonna have a contest of whoever catches the most fish will win a prize, though to you who managed to find and read this would realize that it’s just a motivation towards my ulterior motive. Although it doesn’t really matter if we catch a sunken item or not since at the end of the day, we get to have a stock on food all for free. I’m gonna need to give our chef a raise in his salary because of this, gotta treat my crew good after all.

I think about three hours has passed since we last started the contest and so far still no sunken item. Me and my crew are starting to get bored now so I think it’s about time we wrap up the contest. We gathered up in the middle of the deck and showed the amount we caught to each other. After counting them all up, it looks like I won in the end, I’m not even sure if they’re trying at all since the four of them caught around 10 to 17 fishes with Mercer having the least amount caught, while I had 57 fishes caught.

I asked them why they only caught a few fishes and they told me that the prizes I usually give to them whenever we had an event were useless junk. How rude of them, things like frayed lead line, lucky coin, and worn compass are not useless junks. They’re just used depending on the situation and they just didn’t get into certain situations just yet. Well okay I gotta admit I just found them randomly in the market and found no use to them. Guess I’ll make the prizes better next time, this time it really would have a use like a giant banana. It’s a one time use but hey, it fills your stomach to the brim.

If you’ve managed to find this, do send a message directly to me and I’ll have a little surprise for you.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.