Lost/Ancient Elementals Concept Writing

Lost Elementals

Magics lost to the ages of time, these fearsome creatures are derived from long extinct, paleolithic animals. Notable examples are the Frostmetal Woolly Rhino, Blizzard Woolly Mammoth, Gravity Titanosaur, and Slash Quetzalcoatlus. Creatures of myth such as the Poison Lightning Manticore, Aether Lightning Thunderbird, and Storm 雷獣 Raijū also exist along with more humble animals like the Healing Dove.

Regardless, these Elementals are one in a million with even fewer documented encounters over the millennia, having been present before the dawn of man or Gods. While there existed numerous legends and accounts of interactions within rural, isolated populations with the Base Magic Elementals, there currently only exist legends and folklore of the mythic Lost Elementals passed down and filtered throughout numerous generations. Ancient and possibly lost to time, their presence is well felt through vivid stories and rich folklore. Truly, these grand and magnificent creatures of legend exist only in the epics and great poems of time.

Primordials [Ancient Elementals]

Elementals of the Ancient Magics are more often referred to as “Primordials.” Old as Magic itself (though all Elementals have existed since the dawn of Magic), legends of them tell of an existence predating both the Gods of long past and the planet as a whole, perhaps even more ancient than the stars as we know them.

While it can be certain that Base and Lost Elementals existed with multiple individuals, the myths of Primordials are unclear in whether or not there are one or many of each. From historic texts and folklore, they are most often referred to with proper nouns, leading to the conclusion that there exist only a single individual of each Primordial with a proper name given.

More precisely, it may be that a single individual of each Primordial has been encountered throughout countless epochs of time. With each visit they possibly interacted with humanity and the Gods, shaping our history perhaps as significantly as Prometheus, Durza, Theos, and the Peacekeeper had and maybe more. Of course, this is mere speculation as even fewer accounts of folklore, myth, and legend survive to this day, though more concrete, conclusive relics from epochs of worship, praise, and terror from each Primordial exist enough to give concrete evidence as to their existence, though to the unfamiliar these figures appear so far from our expectations that they are not often recognized as Elementals, hence the term “Primordials” being present until the recent looks into Elementals, folklore, and mythos spanning a countless number of ages.

Creator Commentary/Clarification of Concept

in essence, they’re a mix of Titans from the MonsterVerse (Godzilla n shits) and ancient deities that dwarf Gods and Titans with their power and are the closest beings to Chaos incarnate. this is most true of the Apocalypse Bringer Primordial Jörmungandr (esp if you read the listed description) and Life Turtle, which, honestly, are on a completely different level, though Apophis will probably be of the much more powerful Lost Elementals because it will also be Celestial in nature

you can totally bet on me using Godzilla music in my process videos and while drawing these lmao, i really want to get into toho/kaiju stuffs

5 Likes

so r you telling me
elemental - normal existing animal + mythical creatures
lost elementals - extinct animals
primordial elementals - titans wtf

1 Like

just about lmao

m a j i k a m i n a l

1 Like

i m p a l a m i n a n i m a l

ah, it’s the big boys

1 Like

godzilla screeee

ae

bidibidibidis

(bidibidi gets very loud)

1 Like

(bidibidi gets very loud)

Monke primordial when???

never image

wtf cringe @liu

cry about it @Rake

nah, they’re primordial gods i guess? (primordial gods came before titans)

1 Like

@liu mind if i got your discord again?

@liu i alr sent friend req days ago

i haven’t gotten it

wuts ur tag again?