Magic idea that most likely will never be made: steam

Sigh*

Steam magic is an idea ive had for a long time by now, and after some thinking I finally came up with stats and mechanics:

Steam is a gas magic that looks like the stuff similarto that of smoke arrows, it’s noises sound like hisses imilar to that of releasing air pressure, it has no color variants.

Stats:

Damage: Eh, average i guess (0.9)
Speed: slightly below average (0.95)
Size: huge (1.20)
Destruction: overall incredibly low (0.255) buildings and (0.28) terrain
Other: has new “scalded” effect which is a heat status meaning snow and water can clear it, works like burned but slightly different and is also like poison dot wise

Clash: overall kinda bad lol
Steam beats: ice, snow, wind, light, and shadow
Steam is neutral against: poison and ash
Steam loses to everything else by a little and with heavy solids like crystal or iron it loses significantly.

Steam makes clouds that work like ash

Steam interactions:
+10% more damage on burned
+10% more on scorched
+5% more on melting/corroding
-5% on freezing
-10% on sandy
-30% on frozen

Scalds’ interactions with other magics:

Steams 2 main magics it can fuse with is usually with fire or, water? Yes, water.

(Magics i dont mention have no synergy with scald)

Water= +10%

Fire= +15%

Magma= +10%

Ash= +5%

Wood= +10%

Wind= +5%

Snow= -10%

Ice= -10%

Sand= -10%

Synonyms:

Steam
Steamy
Steam magic:
Vapor
Vaporising
Hot
Mist
Misty
Scalding
Scald
Boil
Boiling
Smoke
Smoking
Pressure
Pressurised

Steam also can clear these status effects: snowy, freezing, and soaked.

Steam also blinds players like light, and more hits make it harder to see.

2 Likes

Pls no bulli i worked hard on this

if I were a regular i’d put this in the suggestions category

… and then ping the mods to take it down

Bully

1 Like

Le sigh

Magic suggestions aren’t allowed anymore. Sorry bud, but it’s for the better.

I hate my life

Don’t we all?

yes we all do… sigh

Steam would either need to be faster, more damaging, or have a special DoT. In its current state, it is a weaker version of Ash. Steam is smaller, less damaging, less destructive, and very slightly faster than ash. Everything else in your suggestion is great, but unfortunately Vetex isn’t taking new magic suggestions until the Lost/Prim magic update rolls around.

so its water but its cloud

Ffs stop making suggestions in game discussion, also this suggestion has been made I’m pretty about 3 fucking times, Vetex had this idea for a previous game so if it’s not in already then he probably already considered it wouldn’t be good, the idea is fine, but it’s not being added, and Magic suggestions and lost spell suggestions aren’t allowed because they’re annoying, and they serve no purpose as new Magic’s aren’t being added at this point in time. Please, stop, and stop posting suggestions here, thanks, good bye.

@anon38832104 can you put this in the suggestions category then?

WRONG FUCKINGTREEDIPSHiT
DO YOU SEE A REGULAR TITLE THERE?

I like this idea a lot, but probably put it in Suggestions. Steam magic has been debated on before but I haven’t seen it this fleshed out before. Great job! :+1:

Not being added

Yeah, I know it’s not. Just saying it sounds nice.

Steam my beloved

Would’ve been cool if Vetex was still adding new elemental magics but this won’t be accepted.