Magic Mastery Idea

I know this is not coming for awhile but I just had this idea in mind

When you master a magic you should be able to re choose your magic variation whenever you want. This can give a sense of being one with your magic (like it says) and is generally just a small immersion feature, plus this will have no effect on pvp and would only be a cool cosmetic reward for mastering your magic.

Another part of this idea would be to change the magic variation one of your spells is, so let’s say you have lightning, you want to have one spell as purple lightning and another as teal lightning, wouldn’t that be cool? To have two different spells two different variations

Example: Let’s say you have crystal magic, you master crystal magic but you want to test out the other variations, so you re choose your variant, oh you don’t like it? Well then you can change it back, it costs nothing but having your magic mastered

I think it would just be a cool cosmetic reward for late game players.

This could possibly be a neat feature. I don’t really see anything that already exists being messed or tampered with by this suggestion, either. The idea of being able to change the variation of your magic due to mastering it sounds like a nice way of showing one’s mastery over said magic.

5 Likes

Using multiple variants and one time is a no for me. If I see another variant of a magic, I automatically assume that there is a different person around which doesn’t help the fight. However, the change variation thing is pretty nice but I advise it can only be done once.

2 Likes

what are you punching the air

I feel if you do regular pvp you would know. Also they wouldn’t be able to see most of their screen while they change it cause I would most likely be in spell creation UI, and a cool down can easily be added

I shall now summarize my opinion on this suggestion:
Why the hell not? No really give me a good reason not to let people switch their variation.

Sure, it should be on a multi-hour cooldown and shouldn’t be able to be done in combat, but why not let people visually spice things up occasionally?

4 Likes

Changing it completely to all your spells is fine but if certain spells are 1 variant and other spells are another it’d just be annoying because it would seem like different people

1 Like

This would make sense, since you can shape your magic however you want when you master it as well.

I think this would get confusing because if you wanted all of your crystal spells could be different colors. But I think it’s a good idea never the less.

Maybe there could be more variants you could unlock when you master a magic.

1 Like

i like this idea, however i think this should just be a one-time thing only. you would have the option to choose whether or not you want to change the variation. after that, thats it.

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.