Make AO bosses easier than AA and prevent cheesing

tbh i think AAs bosses where just a product of their time imo WOMs npcs ai aren’t exactly intellegent sometimes but they’re leagues ahead of AA’s :nod:

I’d add one thing to the list, and that would be preventing the bosses from spamming attacks.

Bosses should punish you for getting hit, but still be preventable if you’re actually good. You should be able to win an entire boss fight without taking damage if you’re skiled.

Animation and visuals are extremely important to this as well if you want to make sure that they can effectively dodge. Give them proper indication on how, when, and where to dodge.

Also fuck impact fist fr.

2 Likes

You can’t implement easy mode easily in an MMORPG.

I wouldn’t say this boss is making it easier, rather more fair (if its literally just making bosses easier then fuck)

Technically every boss in AA was 100% dodgeable except Ramses’ fairly low damage tornado that was only made to annoy the fuck out of people not airstalling and Marua’s also very low damage force choke which didn’t really feel like a problem tbh.

id say the explosion was way worse. shit insta killed low levels and barely had any animations/visuals to tell players how and when to react

i dont think the choke was that bad in comparison

The explosion was dodgeable though, just extremely hard in the cramped space, harder than the choke by a lot, I just used it as an example since it’s brought up in the main post.

impact was amazing, you’re just pissed because you probably got hit several times with it.

i agree with the rest, although harder bosses should probably have a little less indication. maybe a better charge up system with some good SFX

uh boss punishment, yeah

ah yes a 1 shot move from a boss
great design bro

reminder that new players that have no experience literally just fought only 5 wizards and sailed to doom. you really think this is fair?

well then, i’ve got 2 words for you.

get good.

I don’t think players should even be challenging the first boss after only doing the first quest imo. WoM at least had a larger amount of time in the storyline before bosses, in AA it was just expected of you to spam magic dagger to level 50.

Also many bosses in many other games had a 1 shot move but it’s literally not 1 shot past like level 20, don’t quote me on that exact level.

Just checked, his strongest move only does 100 damage so it’s pretty far off from “1 shot.”

yeah im on board for having bosses be later in the story, but that doesn’t excuse new players in aa just said well let’s do it immediately as there wasn’t really a way to tell level requirements at all. they finish up and they go straight into battle. iirc you’re more expected to fight marua from lvl 10-30 (most people would be on the lower level part of the spectrum). new players wont just go on a level grinding spree right away, they want to actually play the game.

even then imo there shouldn’t ever be moves that do over 50% in one single hit with a giant radius. many boss fights should feel like its your fault that you missed the move, but shouldn’t be to the level of this punishing without any proper and clear indication. you want to exaggerate a lot of the visuals/animations and having it be mediocre will hurt the boss.

bosses should be less about trial and error and more about adapting

1 Like

There’s no major stun moves like that in ao/wom, and even if their were, it’s not that hard to avoid getting caught in the move

I agree. I was specifically talking about attacks with a large AoE, such as Verdies’s plasma ball ultimate. I’d be fine if dodgable attacks still one-shotted (though I think the first boss shouldn’t have any of those).

To add on to this, you should be able to solo kill any boss without taking damage if you are very skilled. Many of the AA bosses seemed to be designed for fights with multiple players.

This would often instantly kick you out of the arena. In that case, it is no different from an undodgeable one-shot attack.

This does an extremely high amount of damage to new players. It could kill you in a few hits without you being able to do anything. Considering it is the first boss and there is only one quest in the whole game before it, it shouldn’t be able to do that to a level 10.

Impact fist could one shot some bosses. It could only be used if you stood still and left-clicked for many minutes. You aren’t fighting, you’re clicking repeatedly. This is the stuff that simulators are made of.

I’ve got 2 words for you.

ad nauseam

The problem is that there is only one quest before it. Most people just follow the storyline. I think that AO will fix this issue with level requirements. Vetex said that every quest will have a minimum level requirement.

The AO bosses literally do not exist as of now. Unless you are Vetex’s alt, you have no way of knowing that AO bosses will not have stun moves. Also, what do you mean that it is easy to avoid? Movement, attacks, and all other actions are null just by being in the proximity of Marua. This isn’t a skill issue, it is literally impossible to avoid unless you attack from outside of the arena, which is obviously cheesing. But AA is dead, so it doesn’t matter how poorly Marua was designed, as long as AO bosses are much better.

1 Like

I disagree. The game should be structured to have minimal gaps of just pure grinding. Your leveling should scale similar to the story so you actually fight the boss at around the correct level.

1 Like

obviously the bosses aren’t going to be broken like Marua was but they’re not gonna be easy.

If you’ve ever fought against the minotaur or a mini-boss you know that this kind of bullshit will not happen anymore due to vetex developing his progamming skillz. You should’ve made a suggestion about not spamming the SAME attack 10 fucking times with no cooldown .

also let’s not make bosses spam one attack

mino i’m looking at you
stop conjuring massive axes and immediately throwing them at me
asshole

You talk mino? Man Mino at least has a cooldown for the axe thing and mino does his mighty rush thing and spinning thing. Exiled fucking spams raging storm no cooldown. He only knows two fucking attacks which is sword explosion and mfing raging storm

I already mentioned this and said that it was the most annoying, it is better than a 1 shot attack though, since you don’t lose Lamina or anything.

60 Damage, during the full duration of the force choke, he has 500 hp. Bruh