Make boxes give loot

Short version: Boxes and barrels such as these should have a loot pool like chests when broken

Long version

These boxes serve no purpose in the game other than just aesthetics, and when broken, they drop a bunch of bottles and flasks. image
My proposal is to make these crates more like the ones in Zelda BOTW, where seeing a crate like this always gives a tingly feeling of excitement as they are like pinatas that can give a couple of arrows and apples when destroyed.
This would encourage curiosity and also reward bad-reps as they can enter towns and islands and have fun running around and breaking big crates for loot, instead of the boring search and clicking that’s needed to open chests.

My proposal is simple, when destroying a crate or barrel, they could be similar to chests where they can reward a handful of crowns and rarely an item, but the difference being that crates could be more random, where you might not get anything sometimes, and sometimes you’d get 20-ish crowns.

Is it that much to ask for?

To any of you who are going to say "But WoM is getting remade! blah blah blah

Crates and barrels are in AO too.

they’re for supplies not storing some armour

6 Likes

Well the loot pool could then be more towards dropping crowns than armour, my suggestion is flexible, all I really want is them to drop something

6 Likes

I’d be fine if they give crowns only, but items would probably be a stretch (considering you are destroying the barrel and potentially the contents inside of it)

dogwater suggestion bro, get a life

says the suncry mans :/

6 Likes

theres something called
chests

Yes but they are so boring, just clicking them and oh! A single crown! Its more fun to have something to shoot at and get something from, like a pinata. If you have ever played Zelda BOTW you know how fun it is to just smash crates like these and to get a couple of arrows and apples from it

6 Likes

wasnt this like considered at some point

Well it mightve been, but its not on the trello or in the game right now so might as well vote and hope that it gets in

i would love to see this

1 Like

Wheres your proof

you can see the barrels and boxes being reused in redwake

3 Likes

Check the most recent post in Development Updates and look in the background, the screenshot I took is from that video

or just check the video above^^

This would be a good way for bad reps to get some extra Galleons and stuff. Much more interactive than private chests.

13 Likes

Nice suggestion. They should probably not give too many crowns though. Voted.

2 Likes

Not everything has to have a function. Do you want the floor to scratch cause you used Great Spin? Do you want to drink out of the bottles when you destroy the crate? Do you want to see people physically deconstruct and reconstruct the Magic Council camps and Bandit camps? This suggestion is good but I dont feel like it should be in random crates. I don’t like to make this game like search hidden places for loot to an extreme. This can happen in a different way but I am not for this way.

Lol you sound boring.

“Hmmm yes. Not everything functions the way it should but let’s have crates that nearly every other game has a reward for breaking not give shit because fuck low reps”

Bitch this is one of the most simple mechanics in an open world game yet you don’t want it to be added because what your pathetic excuse for a need of “simplicity”? Your dumbass excuse of “not needing everything to be immersive”? Your stupid asinine shark jumping bullshit of “denying realism” bitch just let people destroy boxes for some damn galleons :fr:

4 Likes

Anyways. Swag suggestions voted

Ok then…