Melee Attacks for Weapons Rework (Melee vs Airborne Targets)

Just to clear everything up

No I don’t think weapons are underpowered and I think they need a nerf, however, weapons are strong because of their ABILITIES. The actual melee aspect of weapons is pretty mediocre against anyone 1 meter aboveground.

I have a potential solution that might make things weird but could better things.

If using an attack slightly boosted you while midair, this could make things a little more easier, pausing your fall in order to aim a melee attack midair.
Wepgif

This boost would be directional, in the direction that your mouse is aiming (as indicated in the gif, up -> down -> up), able to be changed between slashes. The boost would not be very far, maybe 1 meter at the highest, the distance travelled in the gif could be adjusted. This would make damaging a midair target more than a single time much easier.

"tHis CoUlD bE uSed tO AiR StALl oR FlY"
Using attacks midair could either cost significant amounts of stamina, or have a limited amount of uses, as indicated by the gif, 3 uses while midair. This could change depending on the weapon, as knives/daggers do low damage.

"tHis WouLD DEal To MuCh DaMage"
The damage or hit count could be lowered if this gets too strong.

"ThIs iS UnReAlIstic"
You can literally float in place from blocking and jump 20 meters into the air.

Also just note I’m not suggesting these animations be added I just added them to make it look more fluent, but alternate animations for midair attacks would make sense.

oh wait you voted on this
lol thanks i guess

(this is just a suggestion adding on to this idea)

Aight understood

May I ask you how you animate R15 in blender?

(dunno if you used blender or different software)

Search a YouTube tutorial on the “animation exporter,” or something like that, that’s how I learned it. Make sure your model’s name contains no numbers.

This should definitely be implemented. If an opponent just stays in the air for most of the fights duration, theres absolutely nothing you can do to deal damage with m1. I’d also like to suggest heavy m1s sending you further towards your opponent.

2 Likes

even if the attacks didn’t boost you up, but just made you dash slightly forward it would be a lot better

it would make the weapons have a kind of weight to them which is nice

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.