Modes in the game

Since modes are going to be added to the game how do you think it will affect the meta.
personally I believe that it will boost your stats by a like 1.5 or so. I think it will be very op especially among skilled players or ones with good magic. Or it could be a equalizer to people with weaker magics

Depends how quickly they take to activate
If they take enough time for the other guy to kill you mid fight, that’s kind of a problem if someone used the spell before the fight and you don’t have the time to do it yourself
If you can survive during the activation, you’ll get a good amount of health back and have a fair-ish fight

Also I’m not sure if the spell’s strength is based on your magic’s stats or no (like light would benefit more from a speed mode than other magics would, but metal would benefit more from a magic damage mode).
If it does, it might be a bit op for extreme magics like those I mentioned compared to something more balanced like fire or wood, unless the difference is small between magics.

Aren’t modes also going to be specialized?

Yeah but you choose which type to use
But would light magic be the master of the speed type or would any magic give as much of a buff? That’s what I’m wondering

Well, can’t you manually customize it to specialize in one stat?

I forgot but either Tech, Vetex or one of the staff members said modes are going to heal you when activated so it’ll have a long startup. Something along those lines.

1 Like

sounds kind of op ngl

all i’m waiting for is the glorious salt that will come from modes
i just know for a fact

2 Likes

it would be fun but it would require so much balancing

My Casting Meme set with Light Magic and Casting Speed Mode:

MY TIME HAS COME

Light + Casting Speed Mode = Machine Gun

Modes are kinda useless imo

Like, it would leave you too vulnerable

hardcore AO mode :flushed:

Did you not see the part where it heals you also you could just gank mfs with it also you don’t even know how long it takes to activate/how long it leaves you vulnerable…just…just a stupid argument bro

yes

Different magics are better at different modes. Metal has the best resistance mode, granting 54% more HP. Light and Lightning have the best speed modes. Glass has the worst resistance mode, only gives 6% more HP.

All sourced from the Tester Q&A

i wonder what sand would be best at

Speed? Maybe?
Resistance will be pretty weak

best at not

1 Like

jack of all trades mode