Okay, so I already made a medium length list detailing aquatic features that could be added, but after taking a look at trello, it occured to me that most of the weapons are scales to much higher levels, even with the new 1k cap. So without further ado, here’s a list of weapon and armor designs!
(I’m going to assume a lot of ground will be covered by island cultures so I will try to stick to less obvious stuff)
the navy spear
- a standard issue spear used by the common soldiers of the government. Every few seconds it can shoot a much cheaper blast spell using it’s assigned magic. Bought in military bases, maybe even droppable.
the navy musket
- come on, they have cannons, they’re going to have guns. It shoots things but is slower than the bow and reloaded with magic. Hits harder and no drop though. Muskets could have the same enchants as bows, and muzzle flash could change based on the gun and magic level of the user.
eye of the storm
- bear with me on this; when a tornado spawns, it has a low chance of leaving behind a chest with this weapon in it. A decent sword that has a passively charging gust attack with a much larger explosion radius than normal. This could borrow code from the lost spell with a similar basis.
- a sword used by the now twice killed captain of a ghost ship. This weapon cannot block but it can summon some low hp fast moving ghosts to attack the opponent.
captain’s long sword
- Dropped by navy ship captains. This sword can be assigned to a magic and then whenever it lands a hit the effect of said magic takes effect. Normal swings shoot a very short range slash in the air that also triggers this effect. For magics without special effects, simply does a bit more damage.
navy issue dagger
- a multi purpose tool that is probably most used for opening boxes. Short range stabby stabby. Throwable.
- obtained from underwater temples, and originally used for ceremonies, the high magic density water of the depths let this sword take on some aquatic properties. Its weapon skill is similar to the eye of the storm weapon. It charges a mini water tornado to shoot at enemies.
- it’s a sword made out of swordfish. Surprisingly effective. Long reach, slow attack speed. It’s a serrated edge and so it inflicts some pretty strong bleed if you can land a hit. Special attack is a lunge forward with it.
- The ghost captain liked to cosplay as blackbeard so he had 6 of these. Unfortunately, you only can equip one. A pistol with faster fire rate than the musket at the cost of damage. If it hits a target it applies a hidden tag effect and if it hits again it spawns a ghost on them to attack. Ghost ships would be so much fun.
Armor and Accessories
deep sea amulet
- allows the user to have clear vision underwater and can breathe slightly longer. Found in chests at diving spots.
- I had this in my other list but I’ll put it here too. Helmet that allows the owner to last a long time underwater. Dropped by water elementals. (Thanks, Juvia)
ghost captain’s hat
- it occured to me that we already have pirate hats, but this one is special because it glows. Unfortunately the constant glowing is unpleasant so +1 to insanity. It does however greatly increase melee and magic power.
navy issue vest
- I really want military ships to be a thing, okay? It’s a vest for sailing, and it uh protects you from poky things. Decent protection.
navy issue helm
- keeps the top of your head safe®
navy issue buckler
- a shield. For blocking things. Whaddya want?
- dropped by any ghost pirates, not just the captain. A vest that is not so good for blocking hits anymore. Very little protection but buffs to movement speed and attack power
- a shield that has low durability but absorbs part of magic attacks and when fully charged can release a wave of- you guessed it- angry ghosts! Loses charge over time so you cant keep one at full charge always on you.
seashell full shield
- since crafting is going to be a thing, why not make a shield out of stuff you find on the beach? Anyone? This shield has medium low durability but when hit with melee attacks it slightly injures the attacker.
water forged armor
- some islanders found sunken gear and decided to try recreating it. High defense, slight increase to magic power and size.
- obtainable from shipwrecks. You are wearing a barrel. Why? Boosts movement speed and a little bit of defense. I’d love to see a rolling special attack but I’m not that unrealistic.
- a helmet found in one of the desert islands. Dropped from raiding nomads on that island. A well-rounded helmet that increases your defense and magic attack.
There’s not much for me to add until we see the new islands. Hopefully this list is useful, and if not, at least not boring!