No Double Tap to Dodge

No Double Tap to Dodge https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/original/3X/0/e/0e53b8003bcdf46cd883c28b034e2f7d7d434eb8.png
effort 2.545454545454545 11 quality 3.75 12 reasonability 4.0 14

Couldn’t dash technically be tab

that toggles the Leaderboard

caps lock could work but i’ve seen how painful that is with GTA powers
1-0 is occupied by tools
Y is too far
~ might work?
G is block

I’d probably just use mouse3-4 as my button

wait, that’s a thing? I thought it wasnt even possible to toggle the lb.

Flaunt

Used to open your inventory (the roblox one to organise your tools)

Thought we got a custom one

it’ll prob use the same bind to organize

alt?

nevermind alt tabbing would suck then

Alt lock (the shiftlock of AO)

what about a numpad

That is soo far away from your left hand lol

i probably missed some because im stupid but i made a colored a keyboard to show the keys being used, i think caps and tab are also being used but i dont remember for what so i didnt color them

something initially conceptualized for dash inputs in AA before it was added was holding shift + w/a/s/d to dash instead of double tapping

i still very desperately want this.

tab is used for player list
~ is used for inventory (since theres more stuff)
g is used for blocking

maybe B could work, but it’s a really awkward position

I mean EBG uses it fairly well it’s not too bad, I can confirm it whenever I want because of the time frame EBG gives you, so if implemented correctly it should be fine.

But where will the button go? Like all of the common letter buttons are taken, how will you determine which direction you’re going to dodge to?

If we switched magic buttons to numbers it’d be interesting but still…

I cant vote but its cool

imo it should be a pinky-accessible key, so either caps lock, or fn (i use a specific keyboard idk if its the same for everyone, its the one right next to ctrl)

Eh personally I prefer the EBG style thing cuz it’s simple, all vetex needs is to add a decent time frame for the double tap so you don’t spam your keyboard to death.

I’d prefer it defaulting to double tap with an option to change the keybind to whatever you want

4 Likes

this sounds… so much worse than a double tap system on a keyboard.
Dear god no.

1 Like