Pacifist Route Challenge

I dare someone to try and beat the story in AO without killing a single NPC / Entity. We already know that it’s possible to spare one of the bosses, so how far could we go with that?

i can do it in wom without damaging an npc or completing quests

Not possible cuz most things probably require you to defeat enemies, unless you mean only sparing bosses

wait so you said we can spare bosses, just like npcs, does this mean we can have boss rivals and allies?

To be fair you never really “kill” npcs in the game, the death message in chat says you defeat them

But if you mean without defeating an npc in combat I highly doubt that’s possible, since we know there are quests where we need to “defeat X opponent”. I also don’t think all bosses will be sparable, for Elius there was presumable some reason why we chose his fate after interrogating him and while this kind of choice may reoccur with many bosses in the story i don’t think it’ll happen with every boss.

But if you do have the option to spare every boss the way Elius was spared, then ig it’s not really a “challenge” since as far as we know it doesn’t really make the game more difficult or anything

Not how it works, rivals and allies are made by freeing them from prison. Sparing one of the bosses was a choice you make in the story while interrogating him.

oh okay thanks

unless you’re a villain, might not be the same in ao tho

Yeah was gonna mention that, not sure if it was changed in ao

The boss you can spare is like the third boss. I don’t rlly think this is possible. There is very likely main story kill quests and the bosses are unavoidable. I guess if you wanna say you just “defeat” them but not kill them it would be fine

You might be able to spare the first two and we just didn’t know

Well it’s not like we have the option to kill Iris, she’s evidently still alive after we fight her. We have no idea what happens with the first boss.

Like I said you rarely ever really kill in ao, just defeat

Yea we got no idea what happens to Shura.

Also now we know the names of all the current story bosses which is cool

not possible at all

6 Likes

What if you dealt the majority of the damage and then you got another npc or person to kill them

I don’t think there are anymore “oh nooo my hat” quests and there won’t be that many repeatabke quests that don’t involve fighting

1 Like

You would have to be in a spot where you could do that every single time. There aren’t moving npcs everywhere and there might not be opposite rep npcs there at all

There are a couple fetch quests, probably not as much as WoM though

You maybe right. But if you did just do those pick up and return quests you’d be a lame protagonist fs

ngl that sounds cooler, fighting the cliches, y’know?

I mean yeah but imagine hearing I’m the news that guy that was picking up trash off the floor and being an errand boy beat the boss of the war seas. Actually ngl that seems interesting and funny. I would want to know more.