Polls to help with designing a character ( not AU-related )

there’s this guy named Alvaro who’s currently using Explosion Arts ( let’s just call it magic in this post tho ) and a flail or chains as his weapon. One of his title is the “Apocalypse Bringer” for reason quite obvious

so, due… reason

somewhere later down in the story he’ll go to a cold-a$$ place to train, which doesnt make much sense for a heat-magic user

im thinking about changing his magic to mist and his weapon to a bow due to mist magic deals basically no damage but is very good at obscuring vision since it blocks both normal sight and Ether Sight/Sensing ( still working on their name alr ), so some stealthy weapon would work well with it

and since his companions both have a closed and mid range weapon already, i think a long-ranged weapon would fits, tho any suggestions is welcome

at the same time, however, i could just keep him as he is right now and use something like “he goes to a cold-a$$ to train his Arts and make it stronger even in the cold” or some sht like that. Or another reason which i just thought that actually fits his character pretty well

so, your thoughts ?

change his magic ?
  • do
  • do not

0 voters

bow as his weapon ( if changed his magic to mist ) ?
  • do
  • do not

0 voters

weapon for him if he keep using Explosion ? ( long-ranged if possible )
  • chains
  • flail
  • other ( comment )

0 voters

the bow

personally I like the idea of the contrasting atmosphere where this guy trains compared to his ability, it’s unique and in a way that I can’t describe it seems to just work rather well, and isn’t so “matchy matchy” I guess, ya know, heat user in a hot place sounds kinda boring. Having explosive flails is probably one of the most badass thing I can think of, especially if he’s using it to like destroy ice for training sessions.

1 Like

give him a gun

if youre gonna change his magic to mist, maybe have him be blind so he can sense where his opponent is and snipe them with bow(or other long ranged weapon) and the enemy can’t see him

you know

that’s actually not a bad idea

thought about it yeah, mist can spread really far as they cost little Ether to create, so he can just release mist all over the area and be able to “see” as normal while his opponents ( and allies lmao ) are completely blinded

1 Like

after careful consideration

i’ve decided to give him a pair of guns

1 Like

seems awesome, and explosion chains are based