Problems with the Arcane Lore

So, in the lore, it’s stated that all the gods were killed, specifically the Olympians (there were hundreds of minor gods with the exception being the Olympians since they were the first gods to come into existence after the Titans.) Hades and Hermes were both Olympians. Hades managed the underworld and kept the souls of the dead in check, and Hermes was the one to guide those dead souls to the underworld. Now that they’re both dead, what happens to every soul that passes way? Do they just fade from existence and eventually not exist? Do the dead live on as ghosts? Does the underworld even exist now? It’s pretty unclear to say the least.

oh yeah I asked tech about this a while back

don’t have any screenshots since I accidentally deleted my old discord account :neutral_face:

but it just runs itself apparently

which doesn’t make much sense but ok

they left autopilot on

12 Likes

AA lore is like a water bear
Doesn’t need shit
but still survives

1 Like

you know, unless if there are other gods fulfilling the roles of the olympians or something, I have 0 idea how this works at all

I mean it would account for the fact the ghosts do actually exist

k឵ ឵

i maen even then the world would would be flooded with lost souls which doesnt seem to be the case in the arcane universe

i mean tbh it could be that the dead souls just dont exist after death, but then again, with the existence of ghosts, thats up for debate

good point

did you know thoes

8 Likes

Yea that’s true enough though most of the time ghosts that exist were usually powerful magic/curse users(granted they didn’t die due to water) so I’m willing to bet that there’s some correlation between the magic energy of a person and ghosts existing(I’m willing to bet that there will be something that will prove this wrong tbh)

tbh all of the other gods were minor gods and we dont know if they’re even alive or not

Yea that’s been confirmed be tech and vetex too

its possible that the arcane lore could follow this trope (below) but I highly doubt it (All Myths Are True - TV Tropes)

this would be stating that multiple underworlds and gods of the dead exist which would explain where most dead souls go

where?

Well, if there is noone who rule or guide to underworld, then souls are free to go and do what ever they want.
Soo they can appear in our world too.

But hey its all just theory, A GAME THEORY!

1 Like

i would possibly guess that the souls just get devoured in the underworld by creatures

unless, ofc, they were particularly powerful in life and managed to return if desired

I mean from what I asked tech it jsut functions like normal mythology but idk how lmao

It would be pretty cool if there were Norse Gods. Would make a good explanation for all those missing souls.