Reset/Rebirth System (A Lot of Reasoning)

Proposal

A save file reset system. I know the delete button exists, but some people do not like deleting their insanely huge playtime save.

This save reset system could be an NPC that charges you an insane amount of Galleons (maybe make the price the Galleon cap), and then reset you back to Level 1 to pick a magic.

Reason to add/change

A lot of people like to have insane stats and an insane amount of items on a single file, giving them the thought of not switching save files, making them stuck with the difficult choice of magic.

Personally I also have this problem since I started as a poison main and then a few months later I slowly realised that I have changed in playstyle yet my poison save is the one with the best stats, most items, halloween event on my headless head, and lowest generation.

Questions

Q : Doesn’t this break the lore of being born with magic powers?
A : Essentially this reset should be treated as a reborn, and probably this reset NPC could be late game NPC with the story about knowing how to add magic to people.

Q : Won’t people just switch magic however they want as long they have enough money?
A : I suggest adding a cooldown, maybe make the NPC go “I’m too tired to do this too much to you, this takes a lot of effort!”

Q : Wouldn’t the magic choice be pointless?
A : I mean the NPC could be very late game, and the price is extremely high anyway that you wouldn’t really be resetting mindlessly unless if you really want to.

Q : Would there be any other rewards other than the choice to re-pick magic?
A : No. This isn’t a simulator, this system is to let people not feel late regrets.

Add more questions that I can potentially answer please

Then there’s people who stacked a ton of alts with Crowns and basically having an infinite amount of rebirths.

I don’t think this is necessary. Choosing a magic shouldn’t be something you could just change without making a sacrifice (more than just currency/level, which you could easily get back).

1 Like

I mentioned this on my questions section, basically I am suggesting a very long cooldown such as 1 week? Or however many weeks that could make it so rebirths take longer.

1 Like

hey look, a new suggestion. I cant wait to see what wonderful feature was suggested this ti-

15 Likes

This wouldn’t make any sense, not now not ever; magic is something you get at birth and it was first given to humans by Prometheus, and guess what? Prometheus is long dead.

And why would someone want to rebirth, if not to metamance or get a ‘better’ magic?

To reinforce this latter point, you can literally reset if you don’t like the magic you’ve just chosen; let’s say that you chose Light magic, try it for a few levels but end up not liking it: boom, delete feature.

And if your point is between the lines of “but the items!” Then I’m going to fight that back by saying alt/friend that can hold your items.

1 Like

There is no reason for this to be added at all, the circumstances you gave for this suggestion being viable are highly unlikely to happen to a person, and if anything, it breaks every single concept we’ve came to know, you are born with a type of magic, you can’t change it, giving reason why deleting your file and making a new one is far better than this.

1 Like

i cant tell what’s worse; mr steve’s tier list or this suggestion

2 Likes

nah not even gonna bother reading this suggestion

1 Like

yes, lets make wom/ao a simulator now

2 Likes

day ruined

i have never really browsed too deep in the lore but i suppose this is a great argument and a good reasoning why this suggestion was probably just my indecisive self crying for help over playstyle choice

Counterpoint - since you can just get an alt/friend to hold your items, all this rebirth system lets you do is keep your statistics when you change your magic. Literally no other advantages.

I honestly wouldn’t be opposed to this kind of system, though I feel you could implement it better by just tracking a set of global statistics across all save files (possibly including deleted ones). People are going to metamance anyway, and while I’d rather not encourage it, this suggestion is honestly not much of an upgrade over the existing method of making another file.

Not necessary…

Makes no sense, it’d be interesting but. Yeah but just Rebirthing just to SWITCH magic makes no sense to me…

That’s saying too much mate… but it’s fair

A rebirth system has no place in WoM as far as I believe. So forget it. If you want to keep items give to an alt or friend to hold them and then re-trade. No need for rebirthing, give items, delete file, create file again, get items back. Simple. No need for this rebirth system, again.

1 Like

Rebirth… system…?
BRUHHHH

3 Likes

Just… No

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.