Robin's Nautical Nonsense #2

Robin's Nautical Nonsense #2
effort 3.428571428571428 7 quality 3.857142857142857 7 reasonability 3.571428571428572 7

Remember when I used to make suggestions that made everyone mad? Good times… Anyways, here’s some boat item ideas. These ideas are split into different categories: Cannons, Weapons (Harpoons, swivel cannons, etc.), and rams.

Cannons
Arcanium cannon

Okay, so you remember magic cannonballs from AA, yeah? Well, what if we had a magic cannon that fired blasts of magic instead of cannonballs? Firing this type of cannon would cost magic energy, of course.

Dual cannons

You’ve taken two small cannons and tied them together with rope. Why have you done this? Fires two cannonballs at once, but has a longer reload time. Individual cannonballs do slightly less damage than if fired from a normal cannon, but hitting with both cannonballs will still cause a net increase in damage.

Slingshot

Wh-why?!

This “cannon” essentially amounts to a really big slingshot. Less overall weight than normal cannons and superfast reload speed, but significantly less range and damage than most cannons. Oh, and it can also only fire small cannonballs. Again, why would you do this?

Weapons
Grapplehook

Basically, you have a big hook attached to a rope. You can shoot this hook at an enemy ship to either pull them closer to you, or you closer to them (Depending on which ship is heavier). This is useful for getting close to an enemy ship for boarding purposes.

Small sidenote: I have no idea how this could be created in the roblox engine or if the engine could even handle it. So if this is too hard to make, then feel free to ignore this one.

Spike launcher

Imagine: you take a swivel cannon, and modify it to fire large spikes/thin metal cylinders instead of cannonballs. This weapon has super fast projectile speed, huge range, slow reload, and less damage against ships compared to a regular swivel cannon. Does a lot of damage against players.

Catapult

OH GOD WHY

The catapult is a swiveling ranged weapon that launches cannonballs in a vertical arc instead of straight ahead, kind of like a mortar. The catapult does more damage to ships than most other swivel weapons, but it also has a longer reload. The catapult also has terrible projectile speed, meaning that you need to really predict where your opponent’s ship will be in order to deal a large amount of damage.

I like this idea, so I stole it!

FR tho, props to @Uncoool for the neat concept

Rams
Spiked ram

The spiked ram is exactly what it sounds like. It is a ram with spikes. The spikes mean that your ship will kind of “stick” to the target upon hit, making it easier to board them. It also does more damage than a regular ram, but it is far heavier.

Blade

You just slapped a giant ass blade on the front of your ship. Are you proud of yourself? This bad boy (or girl, I don’t think there’s much of a difference when it comes to blades) does less damage than a normal ram, but it’s lighter as well, meaning that you can go faster with it.

Explosive ram

“Getting your enemy killed might get you killed too, dumbass.”
-Sun Tzu, probably.

Why have you done this? You strapped explosives onto a regular old ram, causing a big explosion when you hit someone with it. This ram deals tons of damage to whatever it hits, it also deals a lot of damage to you whenever it hits, and it breaks after a couple of uses. Again, why have you done this?!

Not readed, fuck you x2
But i like new weapons

1 Like

ok then

cant wait to slap ships with the slingshot rubber

1 Like

Arcanium is extremely rare and ancient. Arcanium weapons are already very rare. Imagine an entire cannon made out of arcanium.

Since you have 2 cannonballs being fired, it is easier to hit the enemy. Thus, both cannonballs hitting should to less damage than 1 from a normal cannon.

No

Instead of pulling ships together, this should average the speed and turning of both ships such that they stay around the same distance from one another. This is sort of how hooks in real life work.

Sure, why not.

Sure, why not.

When a ram rams into something, it would likely lose most of its spikes.

The blade would realistically fall off if it impaled anything.

no

You should probably replace arcanium with another material so this doesn’t end up being end game items for ships (unless you want it to be that way)

arcanium is literally just sea salt mixed with iron/steel/whatever, its not rare nor ancient, you’re thinking of higher tiered magic weapons im pretty sure

You’re right. I got Arcanium confused with Ancient Arcanium.

Arcanium on Arcane Wiki | Trello

2 Likes

What’s wrong with arcanium cannons being endgame?

I think it would be funny/cool if you could also launch people with the catapult. Might actually be a neat concept, since the catapult is harder to aim, and Roblox player physics might be weird. A risk/reward type deal, since they might land in the water somewhere too far or just behind the enemy ship, which will probably be moving faster than you can swim.
A normal sized catapult would more consistently launch one person at a time mostly. You could fit 2 people on it, probably, but the launching would be less consistent. You definitely wouldn’t be able to fit like 5 people on it so you can’t launch a whole damn raid with it. I think it would be pretty balanced because of that, plus cooldowns.

I think this should just be replaced with a harpoon tbh, would make more sense on a boat.

1 Like

I got confused by ultra lol

2 Likes

i would love to be shot to an enemy boat by a catapult oh and everything else is cool to excpet maybe the explosive ram and the slingshot it just doesnt seem like many people would use it for combat

Maybe not, but they were both funny ideas, and really, that’s the point of most of my suggestions. Not to make an impact on AO, no, I write these suggestions to make people laugh at my dumbass ideas. It’s more fun that way.

i totally agree and i would use a slingshot just cause id probably run from boats anyway i was just trying to see it from the pvpers perspectives

1 Like

Sorry.

I’ll rate 5 starts in all categories if you add a human or whale catapult.

I added this to the catapult section after it was suggested.

Again, all credit goes to Uncoool

HELL YEAH!

1 Like

Not a fan of the explosive ram’s durability and the grapple hook sounds like the harpoon from the to do list (meaning it’s already planned)

…But the rest is pretty cool. Well ok, the slingshot is a bit weird and should maybe use something else than cannonballs, but I do like a quick, short range “cannon” with a weaker damage per shot

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.