Should wood be able to do more damage against frozen targets?

I know it’s supposed to synergy with heat but tbh it’s a heavy solid magic too

I’ve tried breaking ice with a branch. Trust me, it doesn’t work.

7 Likes

Have you tried with a log?

Depends on how thick the ice is

I don’t think many people have slammed a giant log onto a sheet of ice in their life.

I throw a rock at ice it breaks I throw a piece of metal at ice it breaks I through a branch at ice it doesn’t break so yeah

Have you thrown a log at it?

Like you said yourself, I honestly feel like it’s synergies with heat are strong enough. Wood is easily going to reach S-tier once second magics drop down the line in AO, and I think adding a frozen interaction might be a bit overkill.

Omg wood s tier is a sentence I’d never think I’d hear lol

Wood is gonna be bonkers once magic combos are released, it’s such a hidden gem.

They laughed at my design, I laughed at their corpses…

-wood

-Earth

Not really

How

I mean…

30% damage on Scorched and Burning makes Wood easily capable of dealing 33% of someone’s health in one hit using a power build. This applies its knockdown effect, which can be used to stunlock opponents, as well as its bleed, which further increases its damage by 30%. I don’t see how this magic isn’t going to be incredibly strong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EAxHFhBteY

1 Like

It would give wood the damage of 1.235 which is barely more than gold.

Also even if it hits 33% more then what? You clear the bleeding again with fire/plasma?

Considering Gold hits like a freight train, I think that’s fine.

As for the second point, if your hit with Scorched or Burning did enough damage to proc Wood’s bleed, there’s no need to reapply Scorched or Burning. They provide the same damage boost, meaning your next hit on that target who’s still bleeding with Wood magic will knock them down again, and apply the bleed again.

Bleed doesn’t stack anymore

I’m presuming that it will restart the timer of the status effect is all I mean.