Spell Naming System Revamp

Proposal

Make it so that we can rearrange different words in our attack names
Make it so that we can have multiple different adjectives/synonyms/attack names in the name of our spells.

Details/background on your proposal

For example, if I’m a Lightning mage and I choose to have the attack “Charged Thunder Flash”
I can switch the words around for it to say “Thunder Charged Flash”

Or if I’m a Wind mage, I have the option to name my spells:

“Whirlwind Zephyr Shot” (synonym, synonym, attack name)

“Absolute Amazing Breeze” (adjective, adjective, synonym)

“Wind Shot Assault” (synonym, attack name, attack name)

Reason to add/change

Not only is this addition a harmless and a small feature to add, but it also adds variety to everyone’s attacks and exponentially increases the number of attack names.

I feel like it simply doesn’t make sense for nearly every combinaison

6 Likes

The only thing that I’ve got to say about this is that words like “Charged” shouldn’t be able to be the last word in spells, since “Thunder Flash Charged” would sound really dumb.

Increasing the count of spell name possibility would be really nice.

…Well okay, since I do like a lot customising spells (mostly visually and the name), I guess I’ll vote anyway

Explosion Exploding Explosion!

1 Like

this is something that i’ve actually considered bringing up for a while, since a lot of wizard npcs already kind of do this sometimes as a bug anyway; (i.e. an MC captain with Breaker Meteor as a spell name (yes, this is a real thing i came across))

i don’t think there’s any real reason not to add this aside from it being time-consuming, seeing as how “Explosive Exploding Explosion” is apparently an entirely valid spell name already.

if i can have explosion explosion explosion in one sentence
then im good with it

Just don’t put charged as the last word duh

Fair point.

I was thinking about suggesting this recently, so I guess I’ll just vote this instead. One of the reasons I like this idea is that some of the attack names can sort of work like an adjective.

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.