Storybuilding question (changed the prompt)

I mean theres maybe always exceptions like some humans can have 2 or one alien shares different humans eh its messy but it is what it is

I mean to YOU what would be the most biologically plausible gimmick for a mutualistic relationship that works in the ways I’ve described it so far

alien-dancing

wow this is so helpful THANK YOU for this invaluable piece of knowledge

I have some ideas that seem somewhat plausible to me, but idk the most plausible.
Here’s another gross idea: the species eats excess food that the human has and then vomits some of it into the humans mouth when the human needs it

uhhh…

I’m not… not against it… :flushed:

uhhh…

man where are you getting these ideas

can you share the others that are hopefully not as kink- gross for me?

WATCH YO TONE BOY

DON’T DISRESPECT THE ARTIST AT WORK HERE >:(

BITCH I COULD MESS YOU UP

man the only ideas I got were ones that involved really weird shit consumption and regurgitating food

or this:
alien-dancing

really guys?

what about something like the babel fish from the hitchhiker’s guide to the galaxy? The fish feeds off brainwaves but also picks up patterns in foreign speech and translates it to your language, idk how you can apply this to blood but its a start.

ehhh too rubber science ngl

like what on earth are brain waves first off and secondly how does this produce energy or give nutrients of any kind

it’s a mutualistic way of life, the brain waves are I think your brains subconscious actions or smth idk I don’t think the books mentioned what they are, but while it doesn’t produce energy or nutrients, it’s a mutualistic relationship where the fish gets food and the person with it in their ear gets to understand literally anyone who has any semblance of a language

since you want ideas for mutualism, I brought it up since maybe you can do something like the alien feeds off a bit of your blood, but in exchange allows you to digest and gain nutrients from things that you normally couldn’t, like very fibrous things

wait what is the fish eating Im so confused

I have no actual clue, some sort of psychic energy? it’s the book’s way of explaining how every single alien can understand each other, let’s not ask questions about it.

yeah I kinda want like a more speculative zoology type approach to this

idk man psychic energy and telepathy and all that stuff are messy and weird and it’s better not to touch those

welp, how about the thing feeds off of some sort of imbalances of nutrients in your blood, but also lets you break down and digest things you normally couldn’t such as maybe rocks n stuff (these things which would cause that imbalance is how the alien feeds)

okay well that’s neat too but this thing is human sized too so idk if that’s enough to keep it alive

also not to mention this has to have hypothetically worked on it’s homeworld with other animals

A mutualistic alien race would definitely try and recruit humans to expand themselves . Humans would get advanced materials to further technology and the aliens get more manpower. It wouldn’t make sense for them to destroy us for our planet, they would have to eradicate a large part of the earth to kill us, even with a bioweapon ( which would probably deatroy the other biological shit they would be going after) so no point in that, they would probably try to trade us for our plants or maybe even use our planet as a sort of “resort” area but they have no reason to get pur resources if they are already advanced enough for space travel, getting more living things would make much more sense

:japanese_ogre: