The Hollow |₪| Chapter 3 |₪| “Megan means pearl”

◦╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╲◇╱╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳◦

Megan woke up, she opened her eye and looked around - she was lying in a bed unknown for her room, it was Della’s room. The room itself was small but clean and cozy, with a bed on which Megan lay, a small table with books, food(that tasted terrible) and empty potions, and a wardrobe with clothes on it.

Megan removed the bedspread and sat down on the bed, to the right of the bed there was a window, and Megan looked into it but saw nothing but the rock spires. “Well, the view here isn’t great, but the villagers seem to be used to it, maybe and I will.” she thought.

Megan looked down at the floor, the most common wooden floor… She decided to try to get up: she put her feet on the floor and got off the bed. The feeling was strange - legs are just like the rest of her body, very weak, but Megan stands there without a problem, as if something is holding her legs so that they are standing… She tried to take a step forward and almost fell, she felt herself as if she’s walking on stilts. So strange…

At the exact same time as Megan did first step the door opens and Della walks in. “It’s time to wake up sleephe-” Della starts but as she sees Megan standing she quickly puts a tray with food and potions on table and helps Megan to stand up before she could fall, “Woah woah woah, it’s too early for you to walk. Your body is still weak, you know?” She says as she puts Megan on bed. While standing next to Megan, Della noticed that some of the books that she brought to Megan were lying around the table open, most of them were about magic and others about the history of War sea. “Interested in magic?” Della asks while walking to the table. Megan did not reply but Della understood everything.

“Look what i got for you today” Della takes a strange white semi-transparent sphere from the bag on her hip and walks to Megan sitting next to her. “What is it?” Megan asks with her voice now being less quiet and hoarse. “Let’s call it a ‘Test’ on what kind of magic you have. Depending on your magic this Lesser Crystal Ball will change its color. But you of course need to focus magic in this ball for it to change color. I’ll explain later and now look.” She says holding a crystal ball in hand and at one moment, it suddenly changes its color to blue. Della takes the metal cup from the table and brings it under the crystal ball and suddenly, water starts flowing from the surface of the ball. When the cup fills, the water stops flowing. . “As you can see, my magic is Water, basic liquid base magic. Lets now check yours.” She says giving Megan crystal ball. “Huh? Im sorry Della but…You are now asking a person who can barely stand to use magic. I’m not sure if it is even possible.” Megan said.

“Don’t worry about that, your physical state does not affect your abilities of casting magic. But It might be hard to concentrate your magic when you never even felt Magic in your body, but let’s try. Shall we?” Della asks and Megan nods. She grabs a crystal ball in her hand, closes her eye, and start trying to focus.

“Hold your breath and try to hear what’s inside you, how your heart is beating, how blood flows through your veins, and try to imagine how a ball becomes a part of you.” Della quietly says, trying not to disturb Megan’s focus. Megan did what Della said - She imagined her insides, her beating heart, her blood flowing through whole body and she felt how the crystal ball’s temperature changes from cold to more warm…After 2 minutes of focus, the crystal ball started changing its color to orange. Megan opens her eye.

“Orange? Uhh…Well there’s 2 magics that result in such color: Fire and Explosion. Are you able to continue focusing?” Della asked, getting interested in what would happen. Megan nodded, continuing what she was doing.

Crystal ball started slowly glowing brighter and brighter, and at some point, a magic circle started appearing above the crystal, different words on it and finally - Explosion symbol. “Oh my, Explosion Magic? I haven’t seen it in a while.” Della said, looking at Megan’s magic circle. “How does it feel to summon your first magic circle?” She added and Megan thinked for a bit. “Oddly familiar” Megan replied and the knock came from the first floor.

“I’ll be right back.” Della said, taking the crystal ball from Megan, putting it on the table and walking out of the room down the stairs to the main door. When Della opened the door, she saw Don standing there. “Hey.” She greeted him. “Yes hello. How Is Megan?” Don asked as he walked inside. “She’s fine. I’d even say that Megan already can use her magic.” Della said with a smile. “Huh?” Don was quite surprised to hear it, but he still continued walking upstairs. “Use magic?” he asked. “Yep, and she seems to subconsciously know how to do it. Maybe Megan even was some kind of mage before” Della replied.

“How’s her wounds? Voice?” He asked while walking. “Megan is mostly healed, she has some light scars. The voice is starting to come back and she can even stand on her own!” Della replied with a smile as they walked to the second floor. “Nice to hear but i think she’s too weak to stand by herself.” he said, opening the door in the room where Megan was already somewhat standing holding the crystal ball that she grabbed from the table, trying to focus her energy in it.

“M-Megan?” Don shouted as he quickly walked to her and used himself as a crutch so she wouldn’t fall, but she quickly took his hand off her shoulder and said: “I appreciate your concern, but I think I can stand on my own.”. “You sure?” Don asked, worrying. “Yes.” She replied.

Della notices that Megan is holding a crystal ball in her hand and says: “Hey Megan, why don’t you show your magic to Don?”. “What?” Don asks not understanding at first, but when Megan’s makes the ball glow he understands. Megan holds the crystal ball in left hand and when she starts focusing, it quickly changes its color to orange starting from bottom in second and then a magic circle appears.

“Woah, this time you did it even faster huh?” Della says walking closer to Don. “So, Explosion Magic?” Don mumbles to himself.

“Yes…This time it feels even more familiar than before…” Megan replies to Della, still focusing all her attention on the ball. While Megan focuses on the ball Della walks to Don and pulls him out of the room. “Della what are you d-”

“So now that you saw what magic she has, let’s talk about what we are going to do with her.”

“Hm? What do you mean by ‘what are we going to do with her’ ‘ He asks.

“She has no memories about her past meaning neither she nor we have any idea what to do with her next, and Megan possesses Explosion magic - magic with reputation on level with Shadow’s for users who possess it. So…Don Marshall. I’m listening to your ideas.” Della says with a sarcastic smile on her face.

“Woah woah, hold up. First of all - Megan can’t even cast magic without items that help you to do it, and you’re already thinking of her turning crazy due to Explosion’s power? Isn’t it too early?” Don says. “No it’s not. If we teach her early on how to control her magic and how to be a good person, she won’t be evil or anything.” Della replies.

“Secondly - After we cure her, she will live at my place for a while until we will figure out with her what to do. So don’t even worry about this” Don said passing by Della but she quickly stops him.
“Megan from now on is OUR responsibility and WE must teach her all the basics she needs to live in society. So take her tomorrow to Dawn Island and teach her some magic spells.” Della says.

“Why me?? You are mage here, not me!” Dons shout in annoyance but Della quickly shuts his mouth with her hand so that Megan wont hear them. “Keep your damn voice down!” Della whispers. “You are the only one who has a boat out of us 2. And you have more experience in magic combat after all”

“Okay you have the point. But isn’t Megan too weak for that training?” Don asks.

“If i’m correct - travel to Dawn island takes about a day. And if she will be resting the whole time and drinking potions that i’ll give, then she will be able to get enough energy for a whole day of teaching basic spells." Della says. “So?”

sigh…Fine.” Don replies. And as soon as he replies Della walks in the room where Megan sits on bed and eats already cool food from a tray that Della brought a while ago.

“Megan we have news for you - tomorrow Don will take you to Dawn Island and there, he will teach you how to cast spells yourself!” Della says happily proud with hands on her hips.

“Dawn Island?..munch…Cast spell?..munch…” Megan asked while eating.

“Correct!” Della said.

Don, who was standing in the hallway after hearing Della, decided to walk back downstairs. Della quickly noticed and ran to him.

“Hey, leaving already?” she said.

“Well Megan is fine, and we already planned what to do tomorrow. I have no reason to stay here for a longer period.” Don said, walking past the counter to the main entrance.

“Uhh…You can stay here if you want! I…I have another free room, and I’m certain we won’t have a problem sharing the same room.” Della says and Don walks to her.

“I still have another 2 shops that I need to deliver herbs and spices to, your shop wasn’t the last one. And I have my own house too, so don’t bother. See you tomorrow .” Don said and walked out of the shop.

◦╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╱◇╲╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳◦

PS

This series was created just for it to be clashed with seires of my friend, but now we stopped clashing againt each other, and i shited my focus on game called “Ai dungeon”, recently i started using dices and tables to push story there and…Its fun! So i wont write any more.
Btw, who cares?

2 Likes

Came for the story, stayed for the divider