The Five Worlds Chapter 4: The Sharpest Blade

Out before 4:00 mountain time. Anyways I’m probably not going to post anymore stories for the next week since I’ll be in Hawaii.
Onwards to the story
Other information/stories: The Five Worlds Information

Emily was sprinting through the forest. It had been a couple weeks since she and Iggie had met and since then, they had been on the run. She could hear the crashing of horses through the brambles and bushes a distance behind but closing in. She had been able to avoid the duke’s soldiers and mercenaries but now it seemed she was going to get caught.

What should we do? Iggie projected the question using telepathy.

“The only thing we can do. We keep on running,” Emily said, gasping for breath. She summoned up her force and launched herself a bit further using water magic. The magic energy required just exhausted Emily more.

The horses were closing in when she heard a sound that spelled her doom. Horses coming from in front as well. Emily and Iggie were trapped and closed in between the soldiers. Looking over Iggie spotted a clearing and telepathically communicated the location to Emily. Emily turned thinking only, Maybe, I can make a stand against the soldiers.

Once she made it into the clearing her body was relieved to not be strained to their limits anymore. The first horse entered the clearing and then the rest of the first battalion surrounding her, The second battalion followed soon after. A total of 16 soldiers and their commander. “Under orders from the high duke of this land we must bring you and the amphithere in alive but if you try anything girl we will not hesitate to attack,” The commander told her. Emily decided it would hurt her more to fight so she complied.

Most of the soldiers began snickering and two of them got off their horses to tie chains around her wrists. Something’s coming. Something big, Iggie communicated to Emily. Emly looked up into the forest around them, while the guards began tying her. The horses then began freaking out and wanting to run.

“What’s spooked the horses?” one of the soldiers asked another. That was when the first tremor hit, small and barely noticeable but there none the less. Then the second one was marginally stronger. The third one everyone noticed.

“Soldiers in battle positions. If we’re lucky it’s just a dragon wondering what the fuss is about,” the commander ordered the soldiers. One of the soldiers with black hair was looking into the forest and seemed to be chuckling to himself from Emily’s view. When the fourth tremor hit and Emily knew it wasn’t a dragon, everything in her body was telling her to run and so was Iggie. And then came the roar, the bloodchilling roar. Nothing other than a fire dragon could make a sound that loud. She could tell the soldiers were scared as well, and most of the horses ran away. They wouldn’t be needed.

Stepping through the branches as tall as most of the trees was a monster, a bipedal horned lizard with a maw able to crush a forest dragon. She had heard about it in stories and thought it was a myth, not anymore when "The Great Lizard ‘’ was standing in-front of her. Then the soldiers attacked. Magic spells were flying bashing into it yet it seemed unfazed as it took out three soldiers with its claws scooping them into its mouth. Then the black haired soldier got in the frontlines, he wasn’t casting spells he was just laughing, laughing like one who couldn’t die. The Great Lizard bit down right on to where he was a second ago. All of a sudden he was on its head with two swords in his hands, swords were considered useless since everyone could cast magic.

The soldiers stopped firing spells. Everyone watched in awe as the man seemed to become a dragon. A suit of armor unfolded and covered his head with a dragon-like snout and two large metallic wings formed on his back. The battle that ensued between the Great Lizard and the soldier was very one-sided favoring the soldier. In a minute of time he cut off one of the beings arms and then decapitated it. Standing over the body he looked like a demon, covered in the blood of a monster.

“Were taking her to the King. Not the duke,” The Dragon Warrior declared.

“What, but the du-” began the commander.

Turning around and cocking his head like a dog does when it sees food the DragonWarrior began, “I work for the king and was told to serve the duke until I find something that proves he is corrupt. I found that,” The Dragon Warrior pointed straight at Emily and Iggie with one of his blades. "I hold more power than you and you would do well to obey, commander.

The matter was settled. Emily was scared of that man but also in awe of his power. Not many could boast of slaying a monster, of course he seemed to act like it was an everyday occurrence. Suddenly she realized what this meant, Iggie and her would be getting an audience with the king.

Which two stories should I work on while I am in Hawaii?
  • Jurisdiction
  • The Explanation
  • Execution

0 voters

4 Likes