Thoughts on enchantment scrolls?

Not sure how i feel about that being behind yet another scroll, but i suppose it’s better than nothing?

So pretty much i only think that enchanting scrolls will do much of value is if a few conditions are met.

Scrolls being something that you can get once every 1-2 hours of chest grinding
Combined with

If these two balances were added, enchanting would become so so much less tedious and enchantment scrolls would still be a highly useful item.

Which should help make enchanting feel more like a bit of a tedious grind that is only really something that min maxers bother with, instead of the current ah hell nah grind.

:nod:

i like

I do believe that re enchanting an item being locked behind a time wall, would help with the fact that it’d still be too easy somehow. [ so really it’d still end up taking several days to get the enchantment that you want, but hey at least it isn’t several days of straight up grinding. ]

Anyhow thats all of what i think on the matter, that way i’m not just dragging this out.

Best way to get an enchantment on a rare item

Still a massive step-up with how enchanting currently is

yup that vetex even decided to add them is a miracle.

At least getting specific enchantments on legendary items [ per piece ] using scrolls will only take around 50 hours or so instead of the 500+ hours that it’ll take without them.

I amplified the Enchantment Scrolls if anyone wants to see.

Holy shit this is great

Enchantment Scrolls are being added anyway, so while it’s not the same thing as Re-Enchantment, it keeps the grind alive and gives you a method of getting an exact enchantment at the same time.

wait wait wait, hold up, vetex is actually giving us a way to enchant things without stacking RNG onto excessively rare equipment???
What I approve of this completely.

Nono, it’ll do alot.
Think about this: The only actual rare gear we have by any means is sunken iron armor and everybody knows how painful that is, that’s the sorta stuff that the scrolls would be used on.

yes but it still won’t fix the core of the issue which is that enchanting is unnecessarily tedious and time consuming.

It’s a great step in the right direction since it’ll lessen the grind for legendary items by 10x but for everything else that doesn’t take 500+ hours to get specific enchantments on… ehhh? kinda? Not really?

I am completely fine with the enchantment system being the way it is for common crap like what we have now. It shouldn’t be easy for that.

but for already incredibly rare equipment, this stuff is near-necessary.

Also since it’s kinda related to this i made a post for feedback on my suggestion post.
For those who are interested in the topic.

Since I haven’t said exactly what I expect out of enchantment scrolls in order for them to be a decent feature.
Here it is.
“If enchantment scrolls end up having a drop rate of around 1/250-1/500 [around 2-3 hours of chest grinding ] & can over ride previous enchantments i’ll gladly support them as an acceptable substitute for re enchanting, but as that doesn’t appear to be the case i just can’t say that they’ll fix the issue like re enchanting would.”

“Or if they end up having a drop rate of 1/1500 [ around 10 hours of chest grinding ], override previous enchantments & let you choose any enchantment that you want.”

Wouldn’t be perfect but it’d help to a degree that i can say “I can accept this”
Particularly the last one since it wouldn’t involve rng inside of even more rng!