Thoughts on giving players more customization to ability-naming?

As much as I adore figuring out a way to make good ability names with the current system we have, I feel like it’s very limited due to the lack of word rearrangement.

In my opinion, being able to freely name your attacks (with a letter limit) would make creating and using abilities a lot more worth-while, even if there will be joke names.

2 Likes

Maybe make it a gamepass and then we’ll be fine without anyone putting bypassed stuff or insults in there

4 Likes

Someone fend to make one of their moves the “Mr. Beast Bomb Strike” or something xD

2 Likes

Yeah someone would :sob:
But all-in-all it makes name-creating a lot more fun and meaningful

1 Like

Flashbacks to Deepwoken’s “You! Are! A! Retard!” spell combo

8 Likes

Earth blast with hand shape

Try finger, but hole!

Just don’t name it anything, easy

Arms!

yeah i agree i hope vetex adds this feature in weapons too i wanna rename “Beast Instinct” Into “Judgement Cut End” while in a Vergil Cosplay that would be cool

1 Like

How

@ThatOneGuy

I feel like the reason with have fixed names in the first place is because of roblox censor being abhorrent
If AO is done on unity or unreal engine instead, It would be freeform instead.

1 Like

Suggestion in game discussion

Atomize them

I’m fine with just “Plasma Balls”
Balls is the only move name I need.

Exclusive fs perks

i think we just need a plethora of further options in names, rather than the freedom to name things yourself, because we know how that’ll turn out. some spell customization names should also be shared across both the primary and tertiary pools, because some words work in both places. the only downside that brings is the potential of people just naming their shit “Bomb Bomb!”

i kinda just want the ability to change the prefix for imbuement, Magma’s is kinda underwhelming (it is Magma. Wow. Light gets Luminous ffs)

1 Like

id definitely like switching the position of the words. i often want to use the noun first then a synonym, but we cant do that and the adjective variant (if any) feels like trying to use proper grammar in a fight. always gotta end with -y or something along those lines

2 Likes

Yes