Time Rifts - Darksea Boss Fights

Time Rifts - Darksea Boss Fights
effort 4.74074074074074 54 quality 4.679245283018868 53 reasonability 4.183673469387755 49

Can we get this to 100

This sounds pretty cool… but there is I need to point out here.

WoM is kinda no longer canon.

Yep, anything related to Magius is now removed from the lore doc. Meaning stuff changed. Even the mention where PK raises the continent is gone. So I can’t see how the Magius-related stuff or even any future glimpse being possible. If we get a glimpse of a future boss fight in the AO story or something… yeah, thats a no-no. I extrenely doubt Vetex would go as far as to literally show future events, as it would litlerally spoil the future storyline, unless they’re able to make it extremely vague and out of context somehow that we can’t solve it.

However, having rifts that show past AA fights? I think thats actually kind of perfect here. It also adds a way to connect the two games somehow, and I see that being reasonable.

Not 100% sure about the drops… since Vetex did remove Minotaur and Exiled drops since theyre from a different era and stuff, so Im not sure if Vetex will alow us to have gear from AA. But of course, they could give different drops instead.

Hmm… maybe it could even show the fights of other characters. Theos vs Durza, oh man, imagine us being able to see what that was like. Maybe more lore easter eggs or hints. We could even get a glimpse of the War Ages, though this might be spoiler territory since the storyline will reveal more about the War Ages later.

Anyways, I think its a really cool feature that does have a lot of potential, especially on story side of things. But not everything that’s suggested might get implemented exactly as what’s stated.

The boss fights should definitely get reworked, as they would be insanely weak compared to the player, but they should also be balanced for every class. They should also have some sort of progression system, like fighting Minotaur and Exiled at 100+, Marua at 125+, Ramses II at 150+, Verdies at 175+, Trigno at 200+, Averill at 225+, Theos at 250+, Sage at 275+ and King David Silver at 300+.

The items they drop wouldn’t fit into the game. Maybe they would drop cooking ingredients or reagents for potion brewing, but I can see what you were going for.

The random generation would suck, same thing with the private server. The rifts should be in one place, changing every time one is exited, close to the war seas and teleport the player to the arenas in the same server and, once they die or win, they would get teleported back to the rift and their ship, the rift now changing locations. Having books, such as Morden’s Journal telling us where he got the curse from, telling where the rifts are could be an alternative, but also something like sea charts, which would pinpoint the location on the map.

This wouldn’t fit into the game, however. It would also slow down the other updates since the team would have to make way more boss AIs and make sure the bosses are balanced for every class.

1 Like

I do agree with your points especially it being somewhat frustrating to have it be random.

The AI thing though, my thought process was just reusing the existing hostile NPC AI, like when you bounty hunt NPCs. Its decent enough and would be more than sufficient if the bosses had boosted health and stats.

For example, nothing about a boss like Averill is different from a high level light wizard npc.
These characters really don’t have any unique skills and many of their skills that were unique in AA is now just standard spell customization options.

This is actually already a thing, cernyx is basically a stat boosted Earth warlock, no unique functions in his fight aside from a minor text prompt. Despite that he’s currently the only optional boss and he’s decently tough, sufficiently so for a boss atleast.

Bumping this cause this is great

Actually now you say it what character in AO ISN’T just an overglorified player?

to be honest i don’t care if these enemies are canon or not, if vetex throws in his aether lightning AA character in the rift i’d still think it would be sick
though some people would complain about a self insert lol

Shura, Lady Carina, Elius, Argos, and Calvus. All have access to abilities normal players don’t (yet), or spell types we don’t have yet (and possibly won’t), like Cavlus’s floating sword blasts, and ultra nuke pillar explosion.

Iris, and Cernyx are full on bosses that do not have any unique mechanics and basically have right now a glorified fire magic (which we will be able to obtain soon), and earth magic.

There are also many mini-bosses/super strong npcs of sorts that are fightable and have drops. They do not have unique health bars like conventional bosses though.

Commodore Kai in Silverhold, Architect Merlot in Whitesummit, and Alpha in Wind-row Island.

3 more are also accessible from repeatable quests though they lack any drops.
Arish Vista in Cirrus Island, Dame Casernia and Feremius Lurco in Ravenna.

As much as some people seem to act like such a concept is completely unheard of in-game. Give or take 6 bosses have no almost unique properties and are just super strong NPCs.

Theres no reason not to have a few more, it works quite well for what it is.

The drops from them would be cool.

Very cool, but I think that anything past or future should just be an easter egg or just a cool event that happens. I think the Peacekeeper/Magius Relic is fine on its own but I don’t like the fact you can outright get their boss drops, imo pushing it too much.

I think the most realistic way it can get into the game is where it leans into the insanity vision where you fight the future/past without any unique boss drops (because you were just hallucinating them). The PK/Magius Relic can be a flex/reminder that you encountered one of them though

I do like it myself since it feeds into fanservice, I always thought of Arcane Universe DLCs where you play a different character with preset moves that they have, and go through their short story. Majn example is Jetstream Sam DLC

1 Like

I do like the idea of skill based challenges where you play with another character’s skillset. Though I don’t know if getting drops from them is pushing it too far.

Several drops are just not unique, or just armor. The weapons, I do see a point, and obviously stuff like that would be tuned or adjusted in the process. Though stuff like a lava or plasma Arcanium Battering ram doesn’t seem too op.

Magius relics already exist as drops solely for gold, PK relics are basically a reskin for the same purpose. Its so its not a total waste of your time if you don’t get drops.

1 Like

really glad somebody thinks the way i do

the whole thing should just bea (possibly paid) short story to experience after the story of AO is said and done
the Jetstream Sam dlc is a perfect example, no longer than a single chapter and yet so much excitement happens

while i cant be 100% certain, i have a feeling that we WILL see peacekeeper somewhere in the AO story, so players could be left hungry for details

Honestly, i like the idea in order to make the Dark seas more interesting, but honestly, i kind of dislike the idea of straight up fighting Durza as in his evil spirit form, maybe instead we fight the Durza from before meeting Theos?
idk, i feel it would be more interesting to fight the man before leh evil spirit than the evil spirit itself

This thread proves once in for all that necromancy exists in AO.

Indeed (may it live forever)

oh hell nah dead revival staff in ao

Imagine being able to use them as crewmates

To be fair we never got the Durza fight in AA either. So I have no clue how fighting spirit orb durza would be either. It was just an idea. Though fighting Durza back when he fought Theos for the first time sounds pretty interesting.

this sounds great!