Why ice is good

@alv rage

Ice has 4 clears, in melting, corroding, charred, and bleed, all of which are dangerous effects

Ice has arguably some of these synergies in the game, along with wood but that’s not relevant

Ice does +40% MORE damage against bleeding targets, and assuming that magnas bleed nerfed is accounted for, this is the highest bleed synergy in the game.

Ice has 4 color variations, idk why this is important.

Ice is the reason life exists on earth, since technically water traveled on frozen meteors to earth.

It’s getting nerfed to 30%*

Still high imo

I mean, yeah, once AO comes out and we get 2nd magics, Ice will for sure be one of the best magics, if not the best for synergies.

not to mention you can make ice paths on water so you dont drown lol

North fishing

Ice will really shine once AO releases and 2nd magic becomes a thing due to it’s synergies. Not to mention the map is mostly water now, so no boat? No problem. Just make a frozen path.

It’s not good as a solo magic at all due to it’s poor damage and speed, but hey, it looks and feels cool to use, hehe.

3 Likes

Water does this while clearing 3 more effects AND having similarly good synergies.

Water Magic competes with Ice for synergies, Wood is better overall.

Nope, it’s 30% in AO. Wood also does +30% and deals more total damage as a result while NOT clearing bleed.

Ice is straight garbage. Face it.

2 Likes

Ice synergies with water tho so not really :stuck_out_tongue:

And wood doesn’t do more damage against frozen targets may I add

AND HOLD ON? WOOD AND WATER CANT MAKE FUNNY PLATFORMS ON WATER, AND THEY BOTH CANT FREEZE PPL IN RAIN.

(Ful body

they have pros and cons but overall ice imo is still worse

Well, all the magics we mentioned here have their pros and cons but deep down we all know…

:iron_magic_var2:

Amogus.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kvBUaW7aQ8c

Water is S tier, if we bringing only S tiers then we can see every single magic other than Shadow, Wind, and Water are absolute garbage never to be touched.

What does it compete for?
Let’s look at all Water vs Ice competition in synergies, Water+Ice isn’t competition since it’s utilizing both.

• Bleeding - 5% bleeding for water vs 30% ice bleeding isn’t a competition
  • Snowy - They both gain a 20% damage boost but Ice actually freezes them immediately

Those are literally the only 2 synergies where they compete and Ice gains something better in both, now looking at separate uncompeting synergies. Also note: Soaked is the single most cleared status effect in the game, freezing is close with 3 less clears.

Water

• Lightning - 25% boost against soaked

The end, the 3 listed were all of its synergies other than Water+Ice

Ice

• Freezing Boosts Wind by 20% + Causes Frozen
  • Freezing boosts Glass’ damage by 10%
  • Frozen synergy of 25%

What Frozen does

• Boosts Metal by 80%
  • Boosts Lightning by 50%
  • Boosts Explosion by 50%
  • Boosts Earth by 40%
  • Boosts Crystal by 30%
  • Boosts Ice by 25%
  • Boosts Acid by 20%

Wood has no clears at all with not much significant synergies, high damage synergies mean nothing if their practicality is terrible against other synergies

1 Like

:iron_magic_var2: - I love you

:ice_magic_var1: - sus

I don’t really like arguing synergies rn since we don’t even really know how exactly they’ll be in practice (and they most likely would be rebalanced anyway). Without them in consideration, Water is still way better and Wood also has better base stats as well.

Man, the best magic in the game is better than another magic in the game

Who could’ve guessed

Ice has much better clears(versus 0) including a bleed clear while wood only has 4.3% more size and 2.7% more damage. Ice also has better environmental potential seeing as there’s cold areas and stuff now where Ice and Snow will literally dominate

3 Likes

Not gonna argue ice’s actual stats or combat use since Ive only really used ice for most of my playtime and dont have enough experience to compare it againts other magics.

For everybody who thinks they can just use ice platforms to get around, dont. Unless the ice/magma platform system gets revamped, you can only make small circular platforms on water. Something like a beam will just make a single platform where it struck the water, it wont make a path. Even if you use 20 blasts and gradually aim them in a line, from experience I can say theres a good chance all the platforms are just gonna collide into each other and fling themselves, breaking up the path.

The only use of ice platforms I can think of is to briefly escape the water incase it has sharks or something. Swimming is always way faster than constantly placing platforms to travel around the place. Even if you run out of stamina its easier to just sink a bit, recover stamina, then surface ane continue swimming.

3 Likes

Thank you for typing this, I kinda wanted to say this myself but was too lazy to type it out.

im pretty sure in ao you wont regain stamina whilst in the sea

That’s correct.

1 Like

I’ve tested it before, snow freezes ice, but not the other way around for whatever reason. Can’t remember if there was bonus damage but I do remember there was no freeze.
Might’ve be fixed in AO but not sure