Will all Lost/Ancient Magics have an unique status effect?

You got any other idea what lost spells will be?? Cause’ he said they would be different from the ones we already have

Tbh, I dont think hover is too broken agains warriors, at that stage when you get it warriors will have tons of ranged weaponds anyways. It was why he maybe would remove it right?

there was a list of concepts for lost spells on the trello that he archived linked here

he wants to remove it because it was for when wom was supposed to be a fairy tale game, plus testers have been saying that it hard counters some weapon skills such as grabs and such, the only reason he might keep it is because people would get upset that hover and flight won’t be added. I hope that he doesn’t readd it because then we’ll get 3-4 entirely new spells 1 spell as a replacement for hover(likely a dash impact) and 2-3 entirely new lost spells

He said he was moving hover to lost spells.

i’ve had this conversation once, and i’ll do it again, vetex and testers have been willing to remove hover because of its strength against weapon skills and stuff, plus it doesn’t make sense for the world that it has.

Why not all? Again if there were reused status effects that would remove any uniqueness that one lost magic has.

It would be illogical for some, and then there would be 200 similar status effects

Some Ults from AA could prob get added. Grab moves were contirmed a long time ago so those will prob be apart of lost spells as well. Stuff like weapons made out of mana (or like a magic slash) is possible too

1 Like

I doubt there will be that many magics. 200 status effects would mean 200 magics. There’s only like 20 base so I doubt any of the sections will grow to over 20.

It was an expression and if every lost/ancient has a status that would be at least 25 new status effects bringing the total to 40

That still would be a bad thing how exactly?

Too chaotic, imagine every interaction 40x40 = 1600 :fr:

Oh that’s a fair point then actually :skull: that means there’s already at least 400 magic interactions

Nah I’m exagerating, not all magics have interactions, but with sooo many status effects, things will get messy

Yeah, but there’s still a ton. You’re right in that aspect tho it’ll prob be a pain to make a new magic after lost magics because of how many interaction will have be thought of and implemented. Even if there there isn’t unique status for all magics it’ll still get messy anyways

Imagine the game crashing cuz it was trying to calculate all the interactions of the magics of 20 people shooting at a boss :skull:

stuff like magic slash will exist for magic shape option which we’re getting on release

Nice

YES

i doubt two thirds of them will even have status effects to begin with
for those that do have one tho, in general i would assume they are unique.
from the old list, i assume frostmetal and poison lightning could reuse basic effects