Alternate universe ideas

What are some interesting alternate scenarios that could be created by changing one or a few different events. This can be things that affect the entire arcane verse or just pertain to the current storyline. Please actually say what happens as a consequence of this change/changes instead of just saying what you would change.

2 Likes

Dubioustyp0 chooses a magic and never strays from it (the million magics never formed)

Wom doesn’t get retconned :pensive:

The abyss sea AU:

Pretty sure like half the people on the forum have seen that one by now

It’s the new forum trend after all

(These are all AO AUs, cause i simply do not know all the Arcane lore)

Since we’re sticking to canon divergent AUs instead of completely putting the characters in a different situation (like putting them in the modern world or an academic environment), here are a few situations that I think would be cool to explore:

• Player as an Aesir member: The Player forgets their memories and begins to push back against this shady organization they learned a bit about, only to realize that they once were a high ranking member in this organization and have done some pretty heinous shit. Definitely would be a pretty big twist and would fuck with the Player’s psyche. Would explain how cordial some of the bosses were to the Player after their battles.

• Leader Neviro: Straight up just Neviro leading the revolution in Ravenna and helping it rise back from the ashes. I think it’s interesting how he seems to have sympathy for the citizens despite what the kingdom has done to his people, and it would be cathartic for both him and the players to see him reclaim what had been taken from him – the role of leading a population.

• Being immortal: Since Curse users are immortal and I have a feeling the Player character is a bit more godlike than at first glance, just imagining what it would be like for them and their Curse users friends (and enemies) to live to see a more modern version of the War Seas would be interesting. Plus, the exploration of what it would be like to know that you will have to watch most of the ones you care about die and how living for so long can affect the brain would be cool

• Will be adding more, these are less situational and more character focused than something like Abyss Sea, will try to come up with more “worldly” scenarios

2 Likes

What if Tucker survived instead of Morden (The story is suddenly 100% better)

Morden has haters?

Every character has haters, except Ruby Rogers

1 Like

I just thought everyone was indifferent to Morden, there was a period where I thought he was secretly a traitor but then I read his journal and was kinda disappointed

So you know a few of those games where you can go to either side and it will affect the story HEAVILY?
(One of the best examples for me is Fire Emblem: Three Houses. If you know, you know. If you don’t and don’t care about spoilers: At a specific month in the story, if you entered the Black Eagles (One of the three houses you get to choose at the start of the game), you get the option to accompany the house leader to her coronation. When she betrays the monastery you’re at, you’re given the option to either side with her or fight her. If you fight her, you side with the monastery and try to stop her, if you side with her, you learn more about her objective and her allies. This brings you to a point where you can see the two sides of the story, and meet/talk to some of the characters that you killed without a thought.)

So, imagine if there was a version of that… but AO. Instead of siding with Morden, Iris and Neviro, you side with the Order of Aesir (or ravenna gang, whatever). Thus getting to know them, talk to them, befriend them the same way you ally yourself with the AO gang.

The last boss (Calvus) has to change, or maybe there’s an in-story reason as to why we need him gone, while having Carina, Elius, Argos and Julian in our side. Due to lack of AO gang characters as of now it would be difficult to make an exact comparison side by side, so we’re leaving Argos out (maybe in this scenario, Warren arrives on time and successfully saves Beringer, while still giving Morden the Death Curse location for… reasons).
Imagine the clash where the AO gang is helping you escape the eternal mines, but in this scenario:
-Iris vs Elius
-Neviro vs Carina
-Morden vs Julian

It becomes really problematic to try to find a way to fit the story in a way that it makes sense without breaking a lot of the original storyline, but I seriously would’ve liked to know more about the nobles and generals before they were killed off. Playing from the antagonist’s side always give quite an interesting perspective.

Also, being able to kill characters that were once your friends/allies does make the story hit more.

Prometheus gives no gift to humans. Yeah I tried making this into a game but I didn’t think a fan game of an already small game would work so I made it more original.

There’s an alternate universe where you didn’t necrobump this post, allowing me another day of peace and tranquility

calvus learns thermo fist instead of iron leg. now he has an actual synergy so he just stuns the mc to death