Arcane Oddysey's story is kinda

Does anyone else feel like AO’s story is a little boring? I mean not the story itself but the way it’s executed. It starts by talking to an NPc, then going to the next island, talking to another NPc, defeating some enemies then talking to more NPcs and then finally you get to fight a boss, which is another enemy but stronger. Ok comparing AO’s story to any other games, then AO’s just god tier but seriously, resuming the story gameplay then it’s just: Talk to him, reach island, defeat them and them defeat him for the entire story we have right now. I wish the game felt more alive with something else to do that’s not ‘‘find your weapons’’ or ‘‘find where they’re hidden to defeat them’’ y’know get some different stuff, but if that’s not possible or very difficult to even expand then it’s fine, the story itself is what matter. <–That’s just my opinion though :cold_face: :cold_face:

3 Likes

add storyline between frostmill and the stepstones. Darn 20 lvl block.

11 Likes

Mind you we do only have 1 sea and vetex is intentionally not trying to make the game a bandit beater but yeah i get your point. AO is kind of an aquired taste imo

3 Likes

Yes I know that the game is in early access and we currently only have 1 sea but seriously man, if the Nimbus Sea’s story keeps the same way then some people will probably point this out too.

We don’t need to follow the same formula everytime, not trying to say for him to make even more bandit quests but make something dunno, different? Something we haven’t seen yet

1 Like

Agreed we need lvl 24-39 quests. Probably either pablo or new island. As well as 60-74 and 80-90 for those gaps in the story

1 Like

we have quests between there. its just there isn’t anything telling new players to go to palo town.

1 Like

Hmm… well quests do hve that underlying issue. Name a game where quests / side quests are actually unique

1 Like

WELL, there IS a quest where that dude at Frostmil tells us to deliver cargo there, but most people don’t do it, forget about it, or just stick to defeating ice smugglers which makes the gameplay boring because they will not explore the sea and discover about NPc ships diving spots or anything else.

1 Like

We still have like more seas to go through, let him cook

1 Like

Plus the atrocious grind from the Elius boss to the next part of the story

Doesn’t help that they nerfed the stupid snow wizard xp into the dirt. Time to smuggle cargo.

1 Like

It’s not even about grinding it’s about the story being repetitive

1 Like

I feel like it’s a bit too early to make any serious opinions on the story though I have some condfidence big V is gonna figure out how to shake things up a bit

1 Like

You do notice I’m talking about how the story is executed and not about how it is right???

yes…?

All I’m saying is, we can’t judge the gameplay of the story right now and we should maybe wait until when like nimbus sea is finished for any strong opinions.

1 Like

you can though
thats the point of early access
to improve it

2 Likes

i mean due to how the plot of the bronze sea is it cant really be much more than what it is, plus when you dumb it down and ignore the actual plot that its unravelling yeah anything can sound boring. If you’re bored while doing the story you can always stop to do other things in the game :man_shrugging:

14 Likes

I do like the story it just feels like the way it is executed in the story quests is just repetitive but it is in early access so hopefully it’ll be more unique in future story updates, not that I want everything to be different but just some little different aspects may help ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Elius’ quest:
Suit Slideshow Man In Suit Sitting GIF - Suit Slideshow Man In Suit Sitting Man Wearing Suit Sitting Slideshow - Discover & Share GIFs

4 Likes

I do see what you mean though but honestly for the first 3 islands the plot and bosses was so early on there wasn’t many complex events to even do anything with, that’s why Fort Talos to the end of the story is so much better, since there was much more plot to work with (which led to stealth, exploring, being captured, etc)

15 Likes