Arcane Odyssey v1.13 Balancing Changes WIP

Maybe an oversight as they share the same awakening. If Knight isnt intended to get these changes then yeah, it is dumpsterfire of class

Yeah they’d get the same thing as well.

Cuz Warrior Awakening is kinda dull.

If you take Conjurer and compare the two Awakenings it’s literally just better.

• Imbuement visuals use weapon aura visuals so it’s visually outclassed
  • Apparently it also gives a size buff, if you stack that with the size buff you gain from magic you’re getting a better deal on size as well

And the size buffs from Warrior Awakening were supposed to be nerfed in compensation because they’re kind of ridiculously big (as is everything right now). Idk why that’s not listed.

Maybe give Knights same treatment other hybrids get when they get 2nd magic/fighting. They have reduced point requirement for spells. Same could work for weapons as currently Knights are in the same boat as conjurers stuck with lower quality weapons. Knights already deal reduced dmg(25%?) so giving them access to the skills of rares isnt that game breaking

Knight is currently lacking about half of its class so that’s part of the reason it’s pretty mid. I think that rare weapons like Vindicator should stay like the rare spell/technique in their requirements.

Maybe boss weapon requirements could be lowered or something for other weapons, but keep in mind we don’t even have the 3rd set of skills yet so I don’t know if we need to be changing skill reqs.

1 Like

Like Fluect said, these classes are fundamentally incomplete. I really, really hope in the future that Vitality builds aren’t forced a tier below every other build in the game as it definitely hurts them (stuck at Initiate instead of Apprentice), but it’s a small price to pay. I have a feeling Knight will play very well with Spirit Weapons.

As a Paladin main, even with the class being incomplete, it’s not that bad. Don’t knock it till you try it.

1 Like

The problem isn’t “the awakening is bad therefore it’s bad.” The problem is just that the Awakening is bad. Pretty much any other Awakening is infinitely more interesting so this change is supposed to draw interest to it.

Viability is a bit of another story, that’s why there was supposed to be compensation in terms of reducing the size buffs but that got lost in translation.

I guess I’ll have to wait and see, but I have a feeling this is going to be a balance nightmare. Whether it’s Bruised, Gouged, or Bleed being added to all non-bleeding Sharp weapons, Warrior may end up as the undisputed strongest build in the game by a good margin after these changes, especially with that passive 15% speed bonus. That’s just insane, presuming it’s unaffected by the Attack Speed falloff curve. Most weapon casts with enough Attack Speed already border on being unreactable.

Makes sense. For the first few days I thought it was just a bug. I’d be fine with a size reduction for Vitality builds but visually it’s a bit strange being stuck a tier below everyone else.

warlocks pretty ass like fix that rushdown boy that skill useless

3 Likes

and thermo m1s bug me and freeze my scree after a while so charging them is a pain

Thermo M1s have been causing you lag spikes too? I thought it was just me.

yeah its a bug but nobody reports it bc f9 dont say shit so bassicly we thermos are doomed

switched to iron leg and still have it so its warlock m1s that freeze after a while

ngl if possible I’d like to recommend the change that when using Rushdown and a high amount of hits + thermo fist, it doesn’t drain heat or it does drain heat still but it drains super slowly because it sucks hitting my rushdown and getting punished for hitting it

1 Like

not only that rushdown does less damage then its suppose to i just heard from a friend
(pls buff warlock we exist)

I thought the Thermo changes would’ve fixed that?? Bruh

Yeah we just discussed that above in this chat

are u also aware of warlock m1s freezing after a while ?

holy fuck man I thought that was just me , I actually thought I was going schizo

1 Like

u can even see the particles freeze mid air after the end of a m1