Art Dump & Discussion

not my style to exposit on these sorts of things but i saw someone else get into lore and shit with their artdump so i’ll bite. maybe it’ll spark some discussion

above is four characters, who are in a post-apocalypse; reed, neumann, ranbu, and will
from the top down:

reed is a time traveler from the past and your typical everyman-- think fry from futurama, that’s him. his skills include being pretty good at almost everything analog. need something fixed or built? reed is your guy

neumann is a guy from the past who got affected by the energy of the world-ending event and turned into what is basically a living star-- he has very few memories of his life as a human, but he is immortal

ranbu’s primary goal is one that i can’t mention in the arcane odyssey forum. also he wants to bring the internet back, and he works as a courier for the Department of Nonessential Delivery (DND), delivering basic stuff like food/water/supplies/recreational goods

will has no memory of who he is–all he knows is that he was also a courier, and that he worked for the Department of Essential Delivery (DED), delivering more important stuff like expensive machinery, research tools, etc etc. what he does not know is that the DED is a group of badass super-warriors who could beat up like a dozen armed men with their bare hands. due to a series of lingering injuries and amnesia, most of his combat abilities are restricted

1 Like

2 Likes

3 Likes

The facessss
LOL
Everyone has that phase where they try to draw cute anime girls :pensive:

i tried my best to replicate that like “2011 deviantart phase” style of drawing where you have this concept of wanting to draw anime but none of the experience or consideration for minutia that really makes an artist

last one is my favorite its great to see good pixel art

Also not sure but if anyone draws pixel art to trace actual art like me pfp (i did not draw it) and allat then you have sinned against the pixel art community and should repent
if not thats cool
Cause why do that when you could just use normal art then

im talking about the pixel art photos people make that look traced of non pixel art but just with a pixel filter those are abominations

it really only counts as pixel art as kind of a technicality
i got my start by drawing on homework assignments when i was in high school, so i rarely ever use the whole page (or even half of a page) when drawing stuff
i didnt like how the anti-alias looked so i turned it off and it gave my art a pixely look

i draw with a mouse btw

yea the people who legit put it through a pixel filter or trace smooth digital art with a pixel brush are not pixel artist :skull:

this

no hate to the creator but that is not pixel art

btw these are the same character

the lore runs deep

2 Likes

“50% human, 50% ghost, 50% demon”…Wait a moment.
that’s 150%, cause Keisuke always gives 150% B)

keisuke is just 50% more of a person than we’ll ever be

1 Like

chiru is one of the more fun characters to draw

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

“You…what.?”