Battle Stress

Battle Stress
effort 4.333333333333333 3 quality 4.0 3 reasonability 3.5 4

This is stupid and yet so in the spirit of fighting style and “anime” I love it.

The power of Friendship vs the guy with a M1911

“falls from too high”

considering how vetex makes his games

even thinking he’ll add fall damage to ao makes me put into question if you’ve been in the dark sea for too long and have insanity 6 instead of purely 5

or not even just fall damage
any consequence to falling from great height

literally all the sky islands, the stepstones,etc

until we get some form of gravity magic that derives it’s power from crashing into the ground
and if so it will only be fall dammage when affected with that magic

Falling off the sky islands would ironically be more bareable with fall damage because you would die on hit.

Maybe have the damage cap at 33% of your max HP? Idk, maybe we should do a separate suggestion for changes to the planned injury system.

Honestly I think you could incentivize people to do things other than combat by, you know, incentivizing them to do that. rewarding them for doing a wide variety of things is just a much better way of going about it.

consider fishing. if you’re not one for grinding, fishing is objectively boring. However, a person could be incentivized to fish because fish are valuable for galleons, status effects, and titles.

ultimately the whole idea of injuries is poorly thought out and adds nothing whatsoever to the gameplay experience.

1 Like

You aren’t wrong, but…

… yeah, no, I don’t have much of anything to say to that. I don’t hate the idea behind an injury system, but I do think encouraging the player to participate in other activities via those activities being rewarding is more valuable than just punishing them for fighting a lot.

say that when your spawnpoint is all the way at ravenna.

I honestly don’t want anything that punishes players for trying to improve at something to be added. It’s just gonna be annoying.

If trying to get better at PVP is being punished, why not fishing or something? What if fishing too much can have a chance to spawn a white eyes on you?

Doesn’t sound cool, does it? Injuries already exist, and it’s when you take too much damage at once. We don’t need anything more than that.

during the Q&A before the game’s release, vetex mentioned something about being able to replace lost limbs using magic, i wish you could have the option to make these scars permanent, giving your character more depth and also just looking hella cool

Firstly, the current injury system is one of the dumbest things in existence. It mainly punishes weapon users and only comes into play in situations where the player is about to be annihilated anyways.

Second, the intent behind the system is to encourage players to seek out other things to do. Complaints about Arcane Odyssey being a bandit beater are not uncommon, and having a system that very distinctly says “you should not be fighting every waking moment” could help with the situation. Plenty of games have system that, while controversial, improve the game as a whole. Take a look at BotW’s weapon durability. Granted, it was not well implemented, but I’d argue that the system as a whole improved the game by encouraging players to search for new weapons and learn to use alterative solutions to combat. The same may be true of the injuries system, it would encourage players to seek out alterative methods of gathering EXP and loot.

We also already proposed that players would not gain stress or injuries on arena islands. So the system wouldn’t have a significant impact on organized PVP.

Oh, I thought it was gonna be an all rounded thing. I guess it’s not too bad, but I still don’t like it that much.

2 Likes

My problem is that Vetex is the type of dev to force you to do the things he claims are “fun”, and I mean FORCE. Plus, I think injuries and many of the other survival mechanics kind of clash with the nutty ass shit combat that causes you to fly like a moron while yelling out every attack and turning every arena into the moon, and while I doubt I’ll ultimately mind (I love cooking), it still bugs me.

2 Likes

I mean, Vetex is very clearly a massive weeb, so the uh… “exaggerated” combat isn’t too much of a surprise.

Though you are right in that what Vetex thinks of as “fun” may be open to debate.

If you never hear from me again, I was likely blasted to death by Aether lightning for blasphemy.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.