Can sunken odds be improved without just catching more stuff

according to the wiki, sunken is not improved via item chance. my life has been a massive lie.

anyways after the wiki tells me magnetic/treasurer doesn’t improve odds of a sunken, what other methods besides just catching more fish faster can boost sunken odds

hi! I made an entire section about this in my fishing guide [ Fishing - A guide [V1.14] ]

TLDR; Youre overall more likely to get a sunken by banking on the pity rate. The pity rate is a function in the game where, upon your 2999th fish, the 3000th will always be a sunken.

The easiest way to achieve this, and easiest way overall to fish for sunkens, is a bronze rod with luring [or its T2 equivelant]

had a quick look at it and it seems like here it assumes item chance on a rod helps with it, but for some reason wiki states that item chance doesn’t affect sunken chance at all

The luring bronze is intended to get as many encounters as possible , which is why it actually does not increase the item chance.

Other stats like rarity only affect fish, sturdy is for a bunch of stuff related to giant fish, and what not. None have an effect on sunken, at least not a known one.

As I said, luring bronze is intended to hit the pity rate, or fish so much that you end up getting the sunken anyways [1/2k chance if Im not mistaken]

Item chance does indeed affect sunken

Luck potions affect the chances of catching rare items, so if you craft tier 3+ luck brews you’ll have decent chances of catching sunkens.

magnetic and its T2 equivalent increase the chance of catching an item which increases the chance of a sunken as it is an item.

Oooo interesting information

So vetex said yes and maple no, I’ll believe vetex then

well theres some conflicting info
i guess vetex would be the more credible source though

I’d hope vetex is the more credible source here lol.
It’d be kinda dumb if item chance didn’t affect sunkens anyways since that’s kinda 99% of the reason people want item chance on fishing rods.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.