Charging (25.37 characters)

so in the game we can charge to get magic energy and all, thats cool, but what do people in the lore do to charge their energy? do they charge like us? if they can is there some sort of drawback? i wanna know (pretty please :grin:)
charge

wdym change their energy, like, the magic charging animation?

from like :plasma_magic_var1: to :shadow_magic:

in the game its as convenient for us as a literal press of a button, but what do these fellows do when there is no magical shift button?

idk use the mysterious non canon shift button

or they just try shitting themselves but without the intent of shitting

1 Like

i always wonder what the average episode of dragon ball would sound like if they didnt give the voice actors laxatives in their beverages

basically like the most overly long drawn out argument between fully grown adults ever

You need to have magic unlocked to be able to understand how to charge magic and cast spells
like they just do that like how we blink or sneeze

non-magic users cant charge magic and cast spells

thats swell and all, but how do characters in the lore go about regaining magic energy? i remember seeing somewhere that charging isnt canon

I dont remember but i can explain (maybe information is false)

in lore who has magic (or all people) also has in their brain small part where is magic stored and with that people can store magic energy in that small part of brain to later waste that magic energy

Magic and brain are connected i think

so do they just get the energy in them over time from the enviornment? if so that would suck big time for the super powerful wizards who have to wait weeks to do cool shit

no i think
i know only fastest way and the only way to get magic is charging
(it takes like 5-9 seconds for maximum magic energy)

Even though charging is still a thing in lore it’s probably nowhere near as effective/fast as in the game

And to address super powerful wizards having a way bigger magic pool to charge, maybe it’s more efficient for their own body/mind/magic organ/whatever to recharge itself than to take it from the environment lorewise?

1 Like

there was actually a post on this, (albeit a text wall)

My headcanon is that there are two ways to recover magic energy:

1. Passively, through allowing atmospheric mana to flow into your vessel
  2. Actively, by forcing atmospheric mana inside the vessel

Headcanon is corroborated by Vetex saying the game limits it to charging, implying active charging exists in-lore but is not the only way to recover mana.

Since, as Vetex has said, you aren’t affected by not having mana, this means that passive recharge is cost-free. In my headcanon, active recharge would be faster but would put some stress on your soul/mind.

@anon1881879 already linked my post on the topic.

if people in the lore can charge like we can in-game, i wonder if there would be some interesting drawback to make sure that people cant just destroy the world every 20 minutes

if there was some thing about charging too hard making you overheat that would be an interesting drawback

I mean, typically anime goes for making spell-casting having an effect on physical stamina, and other works either limit the possible physical damage one can do with magic outright (like a kind of strength cap), do the stamina thing, or add some other limit like a daily one.

The overheating one would make sense, but personally my favorite idea in that direction is having magic operate like a human muscle in the sense that, if overworked by making any magical action (like charging, magic casting, blocking, etc), it gradually decreases in effectiveness until it just gives up, and overexerting could lead to lasting damage to the “magic nerves” or whatever.

1 Like

mfw ao adds this as a mechanic (strength and weapon mains literally not getting killed and only suffer the blunt of overused muscles)

that sounds like it makes WAY more sense, seeing as magic apparently comes from a tiny part of the brain. overworking your brain in general can only cause bad stuff to happen, the same would apply for magic i assume

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.