Does free will exist?

you know for someone who made a robot OC that is sentient I feel like I should be knowing the most if free will exists or not in order to better understand the philosophy of sentience and thoughts in general but whenever I try to wrap my head around these kind of things my brain kinda just goes:
microwave brain

I made a robot for my story with a backstory centered around the defnition of emotions and sentience and my friends just said: Isnā€™t that just pseudo sentience

Iā€™m sad now

the fuck is pseudo sentience???

idk

pfft lol

yes and no

you COULD do anything you wanted, but you are restricted by morals, fear, etc

In that case, itā€™s a total yes
You are bound by your own morals, yes, but itā€™s up to you on wether you stick to them or break them willy-nilly. Not to mention that youā€™re the person who decides on the morals, not anyone else.

1 Like

hamburgor

my morals have me believe that kebabs are superior

ice cream

ok you got me there

1 Like

the espadrille wins again!

Noā €

1 Like

it just depends on what your idea of free will is, and by your definition i donā€™t think it does either

You heard it here first, folks.

1 Like

No.

We live in a costant state of reaction, the past determining the future. Every cause has an effect and every effect has a cause, we are not excluded from this.

Nothing can exist or happen without a reason for it happening and everything with a reason for happening will happen. If someone were to punch me I would respond in a certain way. Various factors would exist like when, where, who, but if we fill all of those out and paint a realistic scenario then, depending on the scenario, I would 100% respond in a certain, specific, way. Repeat that scenario a million times under the conditions of the first and Iā€™d have responded the same way all a million times.

2 Likes

Free Will Exists And Doesnā€™t At The Same Time

There, Done.

Couldnā€™t agree more

1 Like

Bro this topic is literally just essay simulator

im pee poo master