End of the Road (AO COMIC ONESHOT)

bold of u to assume i use fonts :japanese_ogre: /j

for a realistic one make him say “I’VE FINALLY FOUND YOU!” before lunging at the player

end of the line

never let bro cook

While writing this, I was listening to one of my favorite songs in addition to reading this.
This comic, it feels almost surreal. The red color tone and the crooked words, they make the comic very aggressive, it’s almost as if it’s screaming toward the readers, just like the three characters in the comic. A scream could mean many things, it could be happiness, anger or anguish.

In this picture, Jinhao is screaming as he’s going through extreme pain while not being able to do anything to better the situation. In other words, hopelessness and anguish. On the opposite side, there’s General Julian who is taking genuine pleasure in his killing, or rather, the butcher of Jinhao.

Moreover, judging by the way Jinhao dresses, I suspect he’s still very young, possibly 13-15 year old, which to the best of knowledge, still puts him as children. Children are symbols of innocence. They won’t know anything that happens around themselves. They have to learn and it is our duty as adult to create an environment that encourages that behavior.

That said, the fact that Jinhao is being beaten up means that he never got to learn to the best of his capability while at the same time, not understanding the whole situation. This reminds me of all those children lives that were caught in the mass murder of war. The tales of children being [redacted] during the [redacted]. It’s haunting, a kind of haunting that doesn’t linger around one’s mind but pierce right to their soul.

Finally, the end, it’s borderline nightmarish. Jinhao dropped his hat which googles which to me symbolizes adventure and future. Perhaps the whole reason why Jinhao began his adventure in the first place was to explore the world to its fullest. That dream would take a long time and requires to live to their fullest capability to experience it all. However, if Jinhao has truly died then his dream can no longer be completed as he is no longer alive to act upon on it.

The hat was also dropped on a white background. White usually means purity and peace. I remember that the UN Peacekeeping Force usually paints this color on their vehicle to signal their purpose, to maintain international peace and security. The White background is contrasted by the little bit of crimson and the cracked goggles which, to me, speaks tragedy, death, carnage. Peace no longer exists, it’s slowly being withered away, like a white pigeon bleeding while it’s flying, delivering the final message before it falls down and become a red mush.

I rest my case here. This comic clicks something to me that is hard to describe.

holy shit?? :sob:
that is insane analysis and ur actually correct on most of it?? but i myself didnt particularly try to specify it and some of the parts i wasnt even aware of until i read this :sob: :sob:
theres only one part u got wrong tho and its that jinhao is currently 19 in the lore and thats just poor character design on my part :pensive:
but i have already did a redesign to suit his age more
anyway thanks for writing this! i legit enjoyed ur analysis holy shit

1 Like

It’s hard for me to describe my gratitude as I have never encountered someone who fully enjoy my long rambling. Thank you very much for your appreciation.

I think this comic shocked me very hard because I was a guy that often fantasized about war and did not acknowledge it as a demon who saw no value in human lives. It does not discriminate who will see death, only how many. Instead, I saw it as an environment for heroes to be born.

I re-read the comic before writing this and one thing I missed was how General Julian was drawn as a figure with no eyes. He just had shadow over where his eyes were supposed to be. Eyes are often windows to the soul but to me, they are the soul itself. The fact that General Julian was depicted as not having eyes at all means that he had no soul. A soul isn’t just something one’s emotions, feelings and thoughts, it is the capability for compassion, change, growth and co-operation which General Julian had none in this case. I guess it’s as true as the old saying goes: “Not every creature that walks on two legs has a human soul.”

I checked one of your older posts, think it was the one when Jinhao was bathing with Iris on the beach and he indeed does look feminine due to his long hair and slim body. This reminds me of the story of Shi Pei Pu, a Chinese agent who was mistook as a woman while spying on the French embassy. The situation got quite out of control when he had an open relationship with the French ambassador.
The Wikipedia page on Shi Pei Pu: Shi Pei Pu - Wikipedia(Chinese%3A%20%E6%97%B6,that%20he%20was%20a%20woman.

LMAO real once again tysm this is by far the best compliment i have ever received in my 4 years of doing art like legit it meant alot to me i love ur analysis!!