Features That Could Wait Until UPDATE 1

Adding PoIs will be exactly the reason why its labelled XL and will take so long :skull:
Vetex also mentioned these things:
This is a whole load of new content that will take ages to add.

TL;DR - All of this can be saved as an Update 1 Expansion

hes kinda already doing some of that in the process tho

So what if it takes forever to add? it’s meant to be a place of random and unpredictable events and a crucial part to the game.

1 Like

The main goal of this post was to discuss how Vetex could save time by adding only the core elements to AO before release.

If you guys are adamant about DS being so crucial then I guess I can’t say anything.

This IS a core element to AO.

1 Like

The amount of times this has been said…

Ok so if the game releases, it should release fully. That’s what vetex has learned from WoM. Would you want to play a game that isn’t fully made or would you want to play a game that is? Mobile compatability is what we could all agree on but not the other two

3 Likes

This is why nobody takes your opinions seriously

8 Likes

I agree with the dark sea added on to update 1, that would definitely build a lot of hype for it and probably get more people to play/ try it out if the game becomes popular because of that hype, hopefully expanding the playerbase.
However I think that mobile compatibility is also crucial to keep AO surviving, even if it brings in a bunch of toxic 7 year olds.
And fighting styles idrc about, I think vetex should just finish half of them and save the rest for later updates (maybe to build more hype?)

Getting disgruntled and complaining won’t do anything. The developers put what they want and add in what they would deem necessary for the game to be enjoyable.

If you do not like waiting, have you tried going outside or doing things that would keep you busy for the remainder of time until the game releases?

2 Likes

We were having a discussion.
I don’t want to complain, and I hope I didn’t.

Ah alright, I assume this is discussion on whether these features are needed or not.

Only the second one is true. The dark expedition will add replay value with its randomness, and the fighting styles is a core part of the combat, so you cant just leave it out.

What? No. All stat builds are meant to be fully supported in AO. Strength builds need to have the same amount of content as the other builds, right off the bat. Fighting Styles are a core element of the game and it’s absolutely necessary to make sure they have enough content. Two fighting styles is nothing compared to the 20+ magics and probably 50+ weapons.

I personally am going for a Warlock build. After the first awakening, my main method of combat would be fighting styles infused with magic. Fighting Styles are the primary attack method of Warlocks because, even though it’s magic-infused, you’re still using the fighting style moves, not the magic spells. I’d like more than two options for my main method of attack that I’ll be using for months.

3 Likes

Here are all the updates I could wait for:
Deep Sea: Not gonna lie, this is probably the first roblox challenge I’m gonna keep on doing over and over, and yes I’m a hard grinder that likes a shit ton of challenges, and due to the fact, it’s literally filled with a shit ton of strong pirates and bosses which you have to do on your boat which sounds fun as fuck to do :nod:

Mobile Compatibility:
Yes, I know it’s a problem for me but its gives mobile players an experience of what good games are instead of playing some pet simulator but of what double said, the player increase, but might be hard to locate your friend during full servers but it’ll be fine, this will also give AO more of a challenge since more players = more dangers to overcome such as sharks.

Weapon Skills:
Weapons skills combat mechanic seems pretty complex but seems really entertaining to use since users can probably finally use more weapons that seem good as fuck, probably even better than magic since weapons allow you to dash or some sort, fast pace, and probably even a better use of it but ofc you need to conserve as much stamina you have.

The Disasters:
Tbh this honestly gives me some sort of challenge since you need to overcome large waves, water sprouts, hurricanes, hail storm, meteor’s and such but it gives off a huge challenge because of how destructive these disasters can become such as causing total hometown destruction, damage rumble, tons of moving physics, and probably more such as surviving obviously, this also seems really tempting to go after also.

Ships:
Ship decoration in the most fascinating detail, this gives me some ideas of what to do with the ship instead of having a ship with just cannons and a steering wheel.

Fighting styles:
This gives me nostalgia, and their’s even more fighting skills to choose from instead of simple ones in games, but these kind of fists give abilities that you’ll never able to do in other games such as radius fist, impact fist, and even more than just kicking and punching with effects coming off of at such a short range

Hunger and Saturation:
Don’t even ask, I honestly like games that make you farm a lot, and due to the fact I do like having thousands of items in one stack since its basically you can have it for an unlimited amount of time and you’ll be fine, to fine in fact you can probably continue the game for as long as you can without having to waste like 10 and run out, this also gives me a harder challenge and none of these magic games have this kind of idea.

Daily Challenges:
If you’re an AO active player but get bored, this will honestly help you get more activity since daily challenges are basically the type of thing that that’ll increase your activity and such.

Magic Types:
This is honestly the first arcane series to ever (Probably) to add magics that we were never able to get such as Promethean fire, aether lightning, inferno and such in a creation of vetexgames.

And the final
The ships (NPC):
This gives me an extreme challenge since I’ll be facing against legendary ships, Npc ships, or even ghost ships that players also try to go after instead of having to go after one ship just to get 1 chest.

2 Likes

Kinda a small update
Dark seas features that plan on getting added on release won’t take long.

1 Like

Is that what vetex said???

yea there was a conversation in testers about how long it’ll take. the big ass features that’ll get added as time goes on will obv take a while but the main mechanics won’t

1 Like

Thats good to hear. ty inferno

Biggest problem with wom was it’s lack of content and that’s a problem I’ve noticed with a bunch of roblox games. They usually die because of that so I’d prefer waiting over a year for a game with a ton of content.