Flares attempt at trying to get good at drawing while having incredibly low motivation

you don’t need a style, you need to just draw whatever the fuck you want for like 6 months, breaking everything down into 2d and 3d shapes, and you’ll improve a shit ton
Exactly what i did

3 Likes

I started learning anatomy first thing and skipped like all the “have fun” stuff :sleeper:

in a way it helped actually but it definitely isn’t gonna work for most people

Felt that the item (stick) was i the wrong area and should’ve been slightly moved to the right (I’m a rough drawer so you can see that trace) also a bit messy, I fr gotta work on making it more clean

I’m thinking of starting with the hand poses first then moving onto stuff like the arms, legs, head, body, hair, or eyes. Hands are just the most difficult for me to draw so thats why I’m starting with it first :tomfoolery:
Should be easiset → hardest but I wanna do hardest → easiest if thats normal

3 Likes

wow this is a huge improvement :+1:

I recommend working on various basic shape exercises too like these if you want to create figure art: (didn’t make these btw just as examples)
and slowly work your way up until you feel more confident and try making very basic torsos and heads:
eventually you’ll get the confidence to add limbs and such but for now you should try these things.

so the roadmap (which even I am still on) for best improvement in my opinion looks like this:

basic shapes
connecting said shapes
making very basic figures with shapes mainly torsos and heads
learning to connect limbs
anatomy studies (personally you don’t need to take this super insanely if you’re more cartoony like tobi but if you want a more realistic approach you must really take this step)
refine your figures
get started with basic poses like walking or running
harder poses
and then eventually you will have mastered the basics of making a figure

oh yeah but it gets worse after that cuz then you gotta start learning the dreaded P word in art…

I would also try to worry on hands and feet a bit less but you should still practice them occasionally (bad habit of mine is I never really practice hands)

oh yeah and then there’s clothes.

that’s optional hehehehe :wink:

5 Likes

Yeah I’ll be looking forward on trying that out
Thanks for the information

no problem!

don’t get worried btw by the P word, you won’t have to deal with that for a while

even I am still doing figure design

So I was about do a little drawing but instead I had a mimir

1 Like

sleep is important, get enough of them

2 Likes

paint me

hi idk how to draw people and I do not like painting

so how’s it going so far took any advice?

has the P word been haunting you?

Idk wtf the P word is :sob:

perspective drawings…

Oh hell nah :broken_heart:

everybody gangsta until you gotta use a dot called the vanishing point to make the lines and then the horizontal line thing and also if you’re applying it to figures you gotta make some limbs bigger or smaller depending on how close or far you want them to be as well as shading because closer objects are warmer colors and farther objects are cool colors

Rush1

1 Like

The only perspective thing I can make is a fricking road :broken_heart:

I mean it’s a start

but then people make shit like this and we’re like “we have no idea what we’re doing”:
(here’s a picture from another artist I use as reference a lot)

1 Like

HI FORUM ALIVE OH YES!! :cupid:

I love it when I try to sleep but I can’t so heres a drawing I tried to make

I wasn’t trying to focus on the human anatomy but more so on the angle perspective

Ignore why the shadows look like this
It was taken in really bad lighting and I had to edit the exposure, contrast, and saturation so it stands out more and easier to see

haha guys find the funny (not funny)

and I have more events to do on funny roblox!!! :broken_heart:

1 Like

hi so I am still doing events and I had to work on a school roller coaster project solo :sob:
anyways can yall give me a rating for it I did it solo :niceman:

0 voters

I love not being in high school :sob:
yall fr I just wanna go to high schoo so I got more options to choose from and I know al devious things that go on here

anyways my brain was fried up and it didn’t go the structural way I intended it to be
I put this here cuz its an art of creation :silly: